Original Picasso????

Grumm

if it wasn't profitable all the cruise lines would stop. So if no one buys this cra'p then they would'nt renew the contract

I agree. The stuff is crap. When they have their auctions, don't go near the place or you'll have trouble avoiding tripping all over their so called masterpieces. I can't believe they sucker their passengers to buy the stuff.

I agree. The stuff is crap. When they have their auctions, don't go near the place or you'll have trouble avoiding tripping all over their so called masterpieces. I can't believe they sucker their passengers to buy the stuff.

Art Auctions are one of the best things on the ship! How can you pass up free low quality "champagne" as you watch people buy posters and a napkin picasso sneezed in?

PHOPTE...amen! you said it perfectly!

On our last cruise, there were so many kids that it was not fun to be at the pool or at some of the things that were going on so we spent a lot of time at the auctions...we bought one painting for a very reasonable fee as a gift for my sister...we got about 8 "posters" for free and there were not any kids running around...had a blast! If you go to the art lessons they have they explain alot about lithiographs and steriographs (not sure if spelled correctly) and why they are allowed to call them originals and such so with not knowing much about art we used good judgement and did not buy anything other than the housewarming gift for my sister. We love Peter Max and thought the prices were good but found them to be equal to the gallery prices here. I even went to a special showing of his work (he was there) when we returned and found that some of what they are calling acrylic on canvas should really be called acrylic on lithographs...but they are on canvas. If you try and buy for anything other than love of the piece than art is not for you!

Please don't go bad mouthing things you perceive...that is not fair to others.

Archived