Belize Excursion with 1 yr. baby

pelycan

We are traveling on the Miracle 9/10 with a 1 year old child and are looking at the excusions available in Belize. Some of these sound great, but not possible to do with a small child. Any suggestions as to what we might do?

Please help?

Pelycan

first time cruiser

Howdy Pelycan!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Help Forum! 04.gif

I fully understand your need to know more information. However, you have posted on the Help Forum where members find information about using Cruise Critic's software. This is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Belize Forum where it will be more on topic. I hope you will be able to find it in the new location! Your fellow Cruise Critic members should be able to help you with more information there.

Here are a few more forums you might want to research:

First Time Cruisers Forum click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

Family Cruising Forum click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Carnival Cruise Line Forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Also, you might enjoy getting to know other Cruise Critic members that will be on your cruise with you if your sail date is tomorrow. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345613 for the Miracle - September - 9/10/06 - Tampa Roll Call started 5/11/06.

Glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic and sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

110103_no_problem_prv.gif

You are most welcome. We were all newbies at something at one time or another!

If you read FAQ and Guidelines in the blue bar above as well as any Announcements or Sticky threads at the top of the various forums, you should have most all the info on how things are here on Cruise Critic.

Wishing lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif and I sincerely hope y'all have a wonderful cruise!

Glad to be of service,

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Hi,

I will be traveling with a 8mth old little girl and we are going to take coral breeze beach day trip to bannister caye.

The trip with take those who want ot go to the beach there first and then take the rest of the group snorkeling. That is what we are doing so everyone in our group can do something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pelycan,

Hope your cruise was fun. I am hoping to gain some helpful insight from your adventure. I am cruising on the 10/22 Miracle with my 15 mo old and am looking for good excursion advice. Would you mind sharing the pros/cons of what you did. I would love to hear anything. This is only my 2nd cruise and first with a child.

Thanks,

Amanda

We were in Belize a few years ago and I think taking a small child to Altun Ha would be fine. We went by road and I wouldn't recommend that. We are returning by cruise ship next month and thinking of going to Caulder's Caye with our two-year-old, but I'm still gathering information on it. DON"T GO INTO BELIZE CITY AND WALK AROUND!!

Hi Pelycan,

Hope your cruise was fun. I am hoping to gain some helpful insight from your adventure. I am cruising on the 10/22 Miracle with my 15 mo old and am looking for good excursion advice. Would you mind sharing the pros/cons of what you did. I would love to hear anything. This is only my 2nd cruise and first with a child.

Thanks,

Amanda

We had a great time and it was fun to have the baby. In Grand Caymans we did the Hell, Turtle Farm, and Stingrays. We all had a blast including the baby who loves the water. On Cozumel we went to Xcaret. It was hot, but we took turns swimming in the underground river while the other one took the baby and went to the beach or to the caverns. We loved this one also. We could not figure out what to do in Belize, so my daughter stayed on the boat with the baby and I went on the Canopy Tour with the ziplines. At Costa Maya, we took the baby to Chac Chi; it was quiet, beautiful and fun getting there. (We followed the map found in another place on this site). Hope you have as much fun as we did.

Karen

Archived