Help! Summit Royal Ste vs Celebrity Ste

A Little Pixie Dust

Hello,

We booked our Celebrity suite almost a year and a half ago. It was the last suite available. We kept an eye out on Celebrity.com in case something else opened as we were dreaming about going to a larger suite. Well, last night the Royal Suite appeared! We put a courtesy hold on it as we now need to discuss possibly moving up (after never seeing it open - we hadn't really discussed it with the other family member going).

Besides the obvious difference in going from no balcony (4 floor to ceiling windows) to a balcony w/ hot tub. Can anyone tell me if the cost is worth it? It looks as though we do not get anything else that we don't already have besides the balcony. We are going to Hawaii so I am weighing the options as I am told on the sea days - it is pretty cold. So I thought the CS would be better for watching from. On the islands, we are pretty much booked from morning until night so I am not sure we would get much use out of the balcony.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Desiree

If you are sailing Hawaii, I would definetly go for the Royal. I have pix of the RS on Connie (Sister Ship). http://travel.webshots.com/album/546717233qUnUyn

Basicaly you get a much larger suite and a wonderful deck with a patio table and 4 chair and two lounge chairs. If you are on a warm weather cruise you will spend quite a bit of time on you patio deck.

Jim

I say GO FOR IT! It will be a lot more comfy for all of us at your party:).

we will go for it..your "admission" for the party is $5,000.00. I accept checks and money order. ;)

Actually..we are still undecided...so many pros and cons - I love a balcony but everyone tells me that some of the days are so cold we wouldnt be able to sit out there.

Desiree

Desiree, My husband and I were on an April Hawaiian Cruise. We booked a Celebrity Suite. We were extremely happy with it. Yes, I was shocked how cool it was. Would have probably not used a balcony on the four days coming and going. However, once in the islands, there were times that I missed my balcony. Though on the Big Island it rained so would not have used it then. But some of the port days ended at 5:00; so would have enjoyed. Usually just went up to the aft deck, got a coke or drink and enjoyed from there. I do not think you would be sorry with the RS - the best of both worlds. A great cabin and balcony. Also the bathroom is much nicer in the RS. You will love the cruise, whatever you decide.

Barbara

(If you stay with the CS, the difference will probably pay for your land excursions)

We stayed in a CS on the Summit two years ago and were very happy and we are going back in a couple of months on Constellation. If we got a free upgrade to a RS we would be thrilled, but to pay $5k for it, I'm not sure its worth it. But I guess it also depends on how much you already paid for the CS, they used to be such a bargain, but not so much anymore.

The windows are great, and if you dont think you will be on the balcony that much, you probably wont. The excursions in Hawaii are sooo expensive. So if you choose to pass on the RS, you wont feel guilty taking an extra helicopter tour :)

I will say one thing that was sort of an issue for me with the CS, we were not on the deck with all the other suites and our butler had to come down to us separately and made us feel like the "unwanted stepchild." This next cruise we got the CS on the penthouse deck so we wouldnt have that issue. Not a huge issue, but since you said you feel you got everything they got in the RS (minus the balcony/hottub)..... Just wanted to make you aware of that, which probably just applies to the butler we had. RS is bigger too and prettier. But, so is the Penthouse suite, but would you take that if it became available? It's a matter of how much you want to spend and what's important. If having a balcony is crucial to you, then do it, if you dont think its that big of a deal, then its not worth it. IMHO.

I appreciate everyone's help. We have decided to stay with the CS. As much as I love my balacony on previous ships - I just don't feel we will be using it as much on this trip. The sailing days to and from are supposed to be quite cool (December) and the days on the island - we are gone 2 out of the 5 until almost 11 that night. Another night will be New years Eve so we aren't sure when we will actually use it. That being decided, we decided that we would rather have a little extra in our pocket for the islands.

Unfortunately, we will not be on the Penthouse deck so we will be faced with the butler having to come down for just us and the cabin next to us. Hopefully, it won't affect his gratutity ;) . Teasing! I am sure it will be great.

Thank you again. I am sure we will love the CS. Now, if the cruise fairy arrrived and upgraded us..we wouldn't blink twice!

Desiree

Archived