TOO GOOD to keep quiet

cruzrgrl

[COLOR=Indigo]undefined[/COLOR]
For the last several days I have been so down and discouraged because I was not getting anywhere with my diligence. I had not reached the point of saying, "Forget it!" and just eat whatever but I was discouraged to say the least. ( I began my new way of eating June 5, 2004). This morning I stepped on the scale and it FINALLY moved to 1 pound less for a loss total of 12 pounds. :D :eek:

As I was searching for something to wear I ran across an old pair of shorts that I have not worn in 2 years. I decided what the heck, try them on all the while telling myself, "You KNOW they won't fit". Well, I tried them on and not only do they fit, I can sit down in them and still breath. So I decided to wear them today. When I was out with my son he tells me he is hungry. Since hubby is operating partner of a restaurant we can eat free there. So off we go to mooch lunch off of hubby. Then I tell my son that I won't eat because if I eat I may not be able to keep my shorts buttoned, I'll just eat when we get home and can change my shorts if they get tight. Once we get there I decide ok just a little. Well, I am happy to say that I ate a very healthy lunch of steamed veggies and grilled chicken but the best part is my shorts weren't even tight after eating.

The moral of this story???????????? I have a renewed sense of determination to keep up with exercising and watching what I eat. Even though the scale hasn't moved 50 pounds ( I feel as if I have sweated at least that off) since I began my new life style of eating and exercising, I have lost 12 pounds and smaller clothes fit while my 18's are too loose so I must be doing something right. So now I am off of this computer to clean my house, pick up my middle daughter from work, and then it is out to the yard to cut grass and pull weeds. After all of that, I will fix dinner and then work out with my video tape [I]Shrink Your Female Fat Zones[/I] and only then will I relax.

I didn't think I would ever get to the point of enjoying exercising but I am. I have made a decision though, after I lose all of the weight that I NEED to, I will have a tummy tuck done. My son was 10 pounds 4 ounces and 22 and a half inches long when he was born 15 years ago and I have stretch marks an inch wide so I NEED it.
Sorry this is so long but I really just had to share this with everyone. Believe me, I am so grateful to have found this board, you really are an inspiration.
Thanks everyone.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]Congrats, Cruzrgrl...what a great feeling to wear something that hasn't fit for a while.:D Keep up the good work...we will all be rooting for you.[/color][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#4169e1]Rose[/color][/size][/font][/b]

Way to go! I feel the same way. This morning I took out an old pair of shorts,too. I told my DH that if they fit, it's a good sign....well, they fit...so I was very happy! Isn't it amazing what makes us happy?????

cruzrgrl - Congratulations on the weight lost so far! Doesn't it feel great? Hang in there and it will keep coming off. :D

I am down 36 lbs. since Feb. 2nd. It comes off slower now than before so I have to be patient. I still have about 20-25 lbs. to go. I go to Curves 3x's a week and enjoy that. I think my DH is in shock that I have gone faithfully for 5 months now since I was the worst when it came to exercise.

Ginny :)

Congratulations cruzgrl! That's awesome!! I'm very proud of you! :D

Earlier this spring I tried on some of my old "don't fit anymore" clothes that were literally stuck in my bottom drawer. Not only did they fit then, but now they are too loose! What a great feeling!

I know what you mean about exercising. If I don't do something [I]everyday [/I] I feel soooooo guilty! Today, while cleaning my house I remembered that I hadn't done anything yet, so I took a break and rode the exercise bike for 20min. Silly isn't it? I don't even think of house cleaning as exercise anymore.

Also, by exercising, you're losing inches even if the scale doesn't show it. Your clothes do!! :D

Lynn

Cruzrgrl - This is great news! I too have been there. I try on clothes at least once a week. My dh must think I'm nuts. Very soon I am getting out my wedding dress for the first time in 11 years. I'll wait 5 more lbs.
I love the happiness that goes along with weightloss. It feels so good to be in control of something you have felt so out of control with for so long.

keep up the good work. :)

Angie

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Here's a pat on the back for you! Way to go....keep up the good work Cruzrgrl![/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3] ~gina~:) [/size][/font]

I think we all have that one outfit as a goal someplace! The wedding dress is a good one, but I know I am a goot 40lbs away from mine, not even counting the physical changes caused by the babies! LOL You ate and zipped, and lived to tell the tale. Good Job!

nanci

congrats..i know the feeling..i lost 30 pounds 3 years ago watching my carbs and fit into so many old clothes it was wonderful. I have slipped off a bit though the last year and my clothes are getting tight. I now have a little over a year to lose 10-15pounds before my hawaii cruise. I have gotten the firm cd's with the hight step and enjoy doing it. I just have to stay motivated to get off my butt and do it!!!

congrats again cruzgirl..way to go!!!

Great job on the 12 lb weight loss!!!! :D

[QUOTE] I didn't think I would ever get to the point of enjoying exercising but I am. I have made a decision though, after I lose all of the weight that I NEED to, I will have a tummy tuck done. My son was 10 pounds 4 ounces and 22 and a half inches long when he was born 15 years ago and I have stretch marks an inch wide so I NEED it. [/QUOTE]
I know how you feel! My son weighed 10 lbs. 14 1/2 oz. and was 23 inches long at birth 16 years ago. My doctor told me that I will NEVER have a flat stomach due to the c-section. My stretch marks are hideous! I want a tummy tuck after I lose all of my weight, but DH says I don't need it. Well, he doesn't have all of this "sagging" going on. I can't even wear bikini underwear because the "flap" flips them over. I know, too much information! It just depresses me. I WILL have a tummy tuck though...just to make myself feel better.

Archived