Embarkation Time on the Destiny

DiveCruiser

depends on when the last people get off the ship- Security usually opens about 11:am or so and on the ship by noon. Cabins are not ready until 1:00-1:30 so take little carryons with you. Head to the buffet for a very nice lunch.

HAving sailed on Carnival in the past --ALL documents tell you that boarding is later then what it really is.

Going in the day before helps get us on the ship first.

Most people dont read cruise critic- they arrive the same day as the cruise and actually read those pages so they dont come to the ship til the posted time-- that is the time its most crowded too

Last month, we were there at 11:30 and there were probably 30 people ahead of us. We checked in, received boarding numbers and were on the ship around 12:30. The cabins wern't ready until 2 pm, but we stopped by and our cabin steward said it was OK for us to drop off our carry-on's.

Last month, we were there at 11:30 and there were probably 30 people ahead of us. We checked in, received boarding numbers and were on the ship around 12:30. The cabins wern't ready until 2 pm, but we stopped by and our cabin steward said it was OK for us to drop off our carry-on's.

a word of caution-- if the cabin steward says its fine to drop off your stuff--ask if the cabin will stay secure.

Most times the cabins are NOT secured until the posted time. DO not leave valubles in the cabin til then

We stayed the night before at the Sheraton Old San Juan across the street so we could watch the line build. There was a fair sized lineup there and entering when we walked over about 12:30. Once inside the terminal the lineup was huge and it took us about 2 hours to make it to the registration desk. Our bags were waiting at our room when we got there. I couldn't have imagined people taking all of their luggage with them through that lineup.

depends on when the last people get off the ship- Security usually opens about 11:am or so and on the ship by noon. Cabins are not ready until 1:00-1:30 so take little carryons with you. Head to the buffet for a very nice lunch.

I see you just arrived home from the Destiny out of San juan. Could you tell me if there is any regular sushi on board.

Thanks

Bob

Bob: My son looked high and low for Sushi. Couldnt find any like we had on the Miracle which has its own place.

But SUshi is offered one night in the dining room. and a few times was on the buffet lines.

We just were on the Destiny. We arrived at the port terminal about 11:00 am and there were no lines. Boarding didn't start until almost 1:00 p.m. and the cabins weren't ready until 2:00 p.m.. When disembarking, our luggage tag was the last numbered called. We didn't leave the ship until about 12:30 p.m.. As we were leaving we could see that they hadn't started boarding yet, so my guess is that they don't start boarding until all the previous week's guests are off the ship. I would get there about 11 am and bring a good book. I wouldn't plan to be on board until about 1 pm.

Regardless of which port you are boarding, I always recommend that you eat a large late breakfast...just in case the 11:30am (hoped for boarding) turns into a 2:30pm published time boarding. Lots of folks arrive thinking they will be eating lunch by noon (and most do) but then when there is a delay (which also happens) and they don't get on until the published time...it is an uncomfortable situation. I also carry snacks in my purse in case of a delay because we have a special needs child that has to eat often.

Just a tip...

Archived