So when/where do you find out your cabin if it's not on your docs

HarleyGirl

I received our docs last week. We'd booked an OV GTY on the Fantasy leaving in 64 days and the docs just say "TBA" even on the back of the Sail and Sign in the middle of all those numbers. So my question is this: What will I put on my luggage tags and when at the port will we find out? When we walk up the plank and someone says "welcome to the Fantasy, you're in cabin "whatever"" or when we do our paperwork or what? Since apparently the "gift method" doesn't work on the website anymore, I wonder if it's possible that before we leave I will see it on the "modify" screen where it has my payments, etc. Right now, it still just says OV GTY on that screen. Can you guys tell this is driving me nuts? Obviously, first cruise for us!!! And still 64 days to worry about it!!!! I'm not worried that we will get a bad cabin. As far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm on that ship, it wont matter if I have to sleep in a hallway. I'm just praying for the suite that I couldnt really afford! And actually, there are still tons of suites available for our cruise right now so maybe it's possible! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how all the room assignments work on Carnival. My ex booked the Pride last year for a guaranteed balcony and wasn't assigned his room until he checked in at embarcation. I used the same TA, booked a guaranteed, unobstructed view balcony and I received my room # with my cruise docs. Not sure what the difference is?!?!?!

Here is our expierence with GTY.

We booked one week before our cruise so we did not even have docs until we got to the port. Carnival had a desk setup for information and document pickup as soon as you entered the terminal. We picked up our docs there and were given luggage tags at that time. That's when we found out what cabin we were in.

I am curious though, you mentioned you already received your sail & sign card. It's always been our expierence you do not receive this until you are checking in at the port. Sail & sign cards look just like a credit card, is this what you received?

Enjoy!!!

Sorry! I didnt get the actual card itself but i got a little booklet of lots of little pages and one of them is the form you fill out. That's what I meant to say instead of card. I should've said "Sail and Sign form" i guess! See??? I'm so excited I cant think straight!! That means I have to be stupid for 64 more days!!!!

On the back of one of the "forms" in your docs (maybe the S&S? Can't remember) you will see a series of numbers and letters. Your booking number will be there and I believe the next 4 numbers are your cabin number. Keep in mind that it can change at any point up to actually boarding the ship.

Good luck and happy cruising! :)

On the back of one of the "forms" in your docs (maybe the S&S? Can't remember) you will see a series of numbers and letters. Your booking number will be there and I believe the next 4 numbers are your cabin number. Keep in mind that it can change at any point up to actually boarding the ship.

Right after the booking number is TBA. Then I think the date or something but there is no room number. Believe me, I've checked that method a million times thinking "I must've missed some numbers somehow" but it says TBA. Thanks for the tip though!

We just received our docs and it also says TBA but right after that is has

:confused: TBA55FA

Like this (Booking #)TBA55FA200610090005(our name)*******9

Can any one tell me if our room number is in there somewhere.????????

We just received our docs and it also says TBA but right after that is has

:confused: TBA55FA

Like this (Booking #)TBA55FA200610090005(our name)*******9

Can any one tell me if our room number is in there somewhere.????????

I don't see a cabin number in there, sorry. It should be where TBA is. Guess it'll have to be a secret until you reach the ship!

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info.:rolleyes:

We have booked guarantee and always received a room number on our docs. Never have we had TBA, how fun, a new adventure for us.

We would be happy with a lounge chair on the lido deck next to the ice cream machine. LOL…….. at myself.:p

I booked an OV GTY and ended up doing the method where you pretend to buy a gift and it asks you to enter your booking number and cabin number. I had to plug in a bunch of cabin numbers until I came across the one I was assigned to. IT WAS VERY TEDIOUS, but curiosity kept getting the better of me. After the first time I did it, about 65 days out, I vowed to just wait for the docs to come. Then I reasoned to myself a few days later to try again one deck per day. Around 54 days out I tried the Main deck and was able to find my cabin.

I wasn't able to do the modify booking method since I booked through Travelocity. If there are a number of cabins left, they may be trying to sell them off before they place all the gtys in cabins. My sailing appears to be all booked as you can't get anything for that sailing at 47 days out.

I booked an OV GTY and ended up doing the method where you pretend to buy a gift and it asks you to enter your booking number and cabin number. I had to plug in a bunch of cabin numbers until I came across the one I was assigned to. IT WAS VERY TEDIOUS, but curiosity kept getting the better of me. After the first time I did it, about 65 days out, I vowed to just wait for the docs to come. Then I reasoned to myself a few days later to try again one deck per day. Around 54 days out I tried the Main deck and was able to find my cabin.

I wasn't able to do the modify booking method since I booked through Travelocity. If there are a number of cabins left, they may be trying to sell them off before they place all the gtys in cabins. My sailing appears to be all booked as you can't get anything for that sailing at 47 days out.

I thought that only worked if you booked with a PVP ????????:confused:

Harleygirl, since you booked directly with Carnival, the easiest way to find out your cabin will be online using the "Modify Booking" section. It will show up there if and when it gets assigned. Your cabin may not get assigned until you are at the dock, but if it hapens any earlier, you will find it online.

Secordwest; you are correct, having used a TA you will not have access to the "Modify Booking" section and would have to go through the laborious process of entering cabin numbers. It is a real pain on the larger ships, and if you are too early (meaning they really have not yet assigned your cabin) all that work is for nothing and you have to go through the entire thing at a later time, just hoping that you will find your cabin. FWIW, the 20061009 section of the numbers is the date of your cruise, in case the helps you to understand the various sections a little better.

Secordwest; you are correct, having used a TA you will not have access to the "Modify Booking" section and would have to go through the laborious process of entering cabin numbers. It is a real pain on the larger ships, and if you are too early (meaning they really have not yet assigned your cabin) all that work is for nothing and you have to go through the entire thing at a later time, just hoping that you will find your cabin. FWIW, the 20061009 section of the numbers is the date of your cruise, in case the helps you to understand the various sections a little better.

Thank you all for the info.

I have just finished entering every possable cabin number we could have for

(3) in a room OV and no room yet. We are 26 days out so I guess we will just have to wait until we get to the port and hope for the best.;)

64 days out and you got docs....just not fair:D

Enjoy your cruise.

Kim

I hear ya as we under 40 days and no docs yet..........:o

I really dont care as we are going to have fun, unless there happens to be a life boat hanging outside my balcony, then somebody is going to hear about it!!!

On a couple of our cruises even tho we booked a specific cabin since we are members of Carnival Vacation Club we were upgraded. We had already received our documents so we had the wrong tags.

What I did was take labels and typed all the info except for cabin #. That wayy when we got to the pier all I had to do was slap the label on and have the porter write the new cabin # on the tag.

P.S. If I am counting days correctly we will be on the Fantasy the cruise before yours.

I hear ya as we under 40 days and no docs yet..........:o

I really dont care as we are going to have fun, unless there happens to be a life boat hanging outside my balcony, then somebody is going to hear about it!!!

well, we actually leave 2 weeks today and still no documents. Our TA is organising everthing. I booked OVG and he gave me my cabin number along with my OBC due to price drop.

I am starting to get a wee bit panicky about no papers just yet!!

I guess I'm lost. When we book through AAA, she calls, and we PICK a cabin number right then. Is that only true if you book through a TA? If you don't book through a TA, and instead go through any site online, are you able to pick your deck at least? Have you folks found that way to be a lot cheaper? One other thing.......could you please tell me what OV GTY means? Thanks!!!!

I guess I'm lost. When we book through AAA, she calls, and we PICK a cabin number right then. Is that only true if you book through a TA? If you don't book through a TA, and instead go through any site online, are you able to pick your deck at least? Have you folks found that way to be a lot cheaper? One other thing.......could you please tell me what OV GTY means? Thanks!!!!

OV GTY means oceanview guarantee. When you book a guarantee cabin, you don't find out your cabin number right away. Basically(as I interpret it), whatever rooms are left are distributed to the people who booked gtys, so you might get upgraded.

I booked an OVG (5A) which is a porthole and got an upgrade to OV (6A) with a picture window which I am very pleased with.:) . I called my online TA and she called Carnival and they gave me my room # R232. My Docs came and on the luggage tags it is TBA. I'm going to try to call Carnival and verify the room # so that I can put it on my tags.

OV GTY means oceanview guarantee. When you book a guarantee cabin, you don't find out your cabin number right away. Basically(as I interpret it), whatever rooms are left are distributed to the people who booked gtys, so you might get upgraded.

Question on this:

If there are no cabins for 4 showing up as "bookable"

on our cruise (been this way for weeks now) and we are GTY in BL room, wouldnt they have us already assigned? considering it is saying sold out on some BL? and none left for four?

HMMMM....but no cabin has been assigned according to our TA.

oh well, surprises are always fun. ( to us anyway)

Archived