GTY Question?

septrack

Am booked on a couple short pacific coastal cruises starting on Sept 23 to accumulate cheap Princess cruise credits. Since we are booked on a CP B2B balconies in November, we decided to just buy interior cabins. Since we figure short coastal cruises are likely to sail less than full, we are hoping for an upgrade. My question is how long before a cruise are GTY rooms USUALLY assigned. I've heard peoples responses that it could be from 2 months to at the pier, but I'm wondering what USUALLY is the time frame most people have experience. Have been asigned a cabin on the 1 nighter SEA-Van, but still not the 3 dayer Van-Lax.

What has been your experience?

TIA-Mark

My experience:

2002, BA Guarantee: Got a Lido Deck BA a few weeks before. :)

2004, BA Guarantee: Got a Dolphin Deck BA a month before (TA changed it to better cabin) :rolleyes:

2005 BB Guarantee: Got a Dolphin Deck BB 6 months before (2 days after booking). No changing by TA since it was an internet only agency. :(

Good Luck... :cool:

I booked our cruise in June, a guaranteed outside obstructed.

We sail on the 30th and I just got an assignment for an outside no obstruction. That was a ff cabin to a D upgrade. When we booked the outside cabin was priced the same as the inside cabins. I was hoping for a balcony of course,:rolleyes: but I will be thankful for my view!

I understand that it could change until sailaway though.

Just received our cabin assisgnment 7 days prior. Our strategy worked, upgraded from an inside to a balcony BC. Not bad for a $134 pp + fees for a 3 day cruise. I figured this was worth a shot for a coastal cruise which I thought would sail less than full.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Got to admit that I was getting a little concernd when we were locked out of the personalizer this morning without a cabin assignment. Decided to check back and it worked just now with the assignment.

Mark

Our experience of Guarantee cabins is they have not been allocated till the day before the cruise and have only ever been the same level as the guarantee and often the worst cabin in that level

I sure wish I knew how and why so many people seem to get a cabin assignment weeks or months in advance and upgrades to boot

Our experience of Guarantee cabins is they have not been allocated till the day before the cruise and have only ever been the same level as the guarantee and often the worst cabin in that level

I sure wish I knew how and why so many people seem to get a cabin assignment weeks or months in advance and upgrades to boot

I would make an educated gues that the timing and oppurtunity of an upgrade are in direct relationship to the expected "fullness" of the ship!

Archived