what to do til 6 pm on departure day in miami

Lynne79

The return flight I may purchase leaves Miami around 6 p.m. Is there anything to do in Miami without having to drag our week's worth of luggage around? I looked at Carnival's excursions, and they are for flights out of Miami at around 3 p.m., which would leave us with 3 hours at the airport.

Thanks!

Remember, these days it is recommended that you are at the airport 1 1/2 to 2 hours before your flight-especially in Miami. So if you were to get to the airport with three hours, it wouldn't be all that different. I am doing a cruise next week and booked a 1/2 day tour to pass time and let my cruise line get me to the airport. Might want to try that.

Bayside is right near the port and wouldn't cost much to get there by cab, but I don't know what you would do with your luggage. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Pooh

When we went on a cruise in 2002 out of Miami, we rented a van (there was 6 of us). The van came right to the port and picked us up and then we dropped the driver back off and just drove around and looked at the city. Did some site seeing on foot and on the beach. We also had a 6pm flight that day and had like 5 hrs to waste. We went out to eat. Just basically wasted time. When it was time to get to the airport we took the van back and then the guy drove us to the airport. It beats sitting in the airport from 9-10am till 6pm.

Archived