Question about Crown Princess drink prices

bythehex

Can anyone tell me what the prices are like for drinks on the Crown Princess? I'm talking typical bar drinks like beer, wine or mixed drinks (daquaris, pina coladas, etc.), not soft drinks.

Also, do they have special drinks of the day at reduced prices like other cruise ships do?

My husband and I aren't big drinkers, but we might want to have a drink after dinner as a treat, and wondered if the prices are reasonable.

Thanks for your help.

Sharon H.

My husband loves to have Bourbon and Coke in the evenings and we had a balcony on our Golden cruise last year and wanted to sit outside and enjoy a drink as we left the ports. Prior to the cruise, we "gifted" ourselves with several bon voyage packages which were delivered to our room just after we left port. This allows us to have some liquor in our room and avoid high prices every time we wanted a drink. Here's the link and info from Princess' site:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/cellars.html

Liquor & Mixer Packages

Gin and Tonic Package (Gordons)

One 375 ml bottle of Gin and 3 cans of Tonic Item #2300 $17

Scotch and Soda Package (J & B Rare)

One 375 ml bottle of Scotch and 3 cans of soda water Item #2301 $17

Vodka and Tonic Package (Smirnoff)

One 375 ml bottle of Vodka and 3 cans of Tonic Item #2302 $17

Bourbon and Coke Package (Jim Beam)

One 375 ml bottle of bourbon and 3 cans of Coke Item #2303 $17

Rum and Coke Package (Bacardi White)

One 375 ml bottle of White Rum and 3 cans of Coke Item #2304 $17

Beer Package

Choose any of the following beers and receive 6 for the Price of 5; Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Lite, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite. Item #2310 $19.50

Soda Package

Choose any 6 sodas listed below in any combination for the price of 5; Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Orange Soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale. Item #2311 $9.50

The other posters are right on about the prices. You can purchase a special plastic souvenir cup with one of the drinks of the day and have it refilled at a reduced price - can't remember but it was around $4 or $5.

Another tip if you like Martini's is to sign up for the $10 per person Martini making class. There were about 12 of us attending and the bartender made at least 8 different kinds of martini's - and we all were given generous samples. It took about 1 1/2 hours.

NCL offers wine and beer packages, but no liquor - another reason my husband prefers Princess.

Archived