Cozumel

Island Annie

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the ship to Playa Sol Beach club in Cozumel,(by taxi) and then how long from Playa Sol to Coconuts Bar & grill on the East side of the island? (again, by taxi) I'm hoping to be able to do both, and trying to budget my time.

Might I still have time to stop at the Crazy Pelican (at the end of the pier)for a margarita before getting back on board the Miracle?

Thanks for any/all advice:-)

Annie

I always rent a jeep and see the beautiful shoreline stopping at some beach clubs. Rental is $50 and there will be agents at the pier when you get off the ship. I usually stop for a late lunch at Pancho's Backyard back in San Miguel. Great food and Margueritas to die for.

http://www.mrsanchos.com

http://www.islacozumel.net/food/coconuts/

http://www.loscincosoles.com/home.htm This is where Pancho's is. A beautiful courtyard restaurant. The store has a great selection of gifts and the prices are "fixed". The staff is not pushy and very helpful.

good morning HD!:o

Snorklr here from the gathering at

Concord Mills!

I agree with you. Pancho's Backyard had

the best margaritas... and food! They had

just made fresh tortillas when we arrived. It was

raining while we were there. So we shopped

and tried various Margaritas. Pancho's was

the best.

My Thanks to all who replied.

Here's my situation. I have been to Cozumel several times over the years, (have actually been to Poncho's 3-4 times, and also found it to be a very nice atmosphere & food & drinks, but am wanting to venture out a little further this year, and see something new. I've seen many pictures posted on webshots of Coconuts, and it looks absolutely gorgeous!! In looking at a map of Cozumel, it looks like Playa Sol Beach Club (this would also be a first for me)would be "on the way" to Coconuts, so I'm trying to figure out if I could spend a few hours on the beach, then taxi to Coconuts, have lunch, take a few pictures, and then taxi back to the Crazy Pelican (yet another first for me) and enjoy a margarita before getting back on board.

I am to dock in Cozumel at 7am, and depart at 6pm, so it seems like there should be enough time to do all this, but I'm just not sure of the distance I will need to travel. I have emailed Coconuts (from their website) asking for information, but have not yet received a reply.

Again . . . I will appreciate any further advice on this subject.

Annie

Especially with multiple destinations, I think a jeep rental would be best. The roads outside of San Miguel are very good and not at all crowded. Only one road so you can't get lost. I think Coconuts is the highest point on the island. Cliffside with great pics. Restrooms there and at Sancho's are very clean. Food is also very good at both places.

Playa Sol is about 15 minutes driving time approx from the pier.. Its a nice little beach.. We were there on our last cruise.. Very nice and peaceful... I think jeep rental may be your best bet.. I think we are going to rent a few on our next trip just due to $$ as there are so many of us and that way we can see everything at our own pace..

Thanks again for all your replies. Since I am traveling alone, I hesitate to rent a jeep, but it appears that I'll be able to fit everything in via taxi.

So everyone here is in agreement that Coconuts is worth the driving distance to see?

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the ship to Playa Sol Beach club in Cozumel,(by taxi) and then how long from Playa Sol to Coconuts Bar & grill on the East side of the island? (again, by taxi) I'm hoping to be able to do both, and trying to budget my time.

Might I still have time to stop at the Crazy Pelican (at the end of the pier)for a margarita before getting back on board the Miracle?

Thanks for any/all advice:-)

Annie

Hi..i dont no how long it is to get there but i have been there before and its AWSOME!! when u get there there is this little zoo there its really fun..but watch out when u got to enter the beach there is little shops and the ppl in the shops (some of them) pull u in there!!lol just telling u..lol but its worth it!!

~kim

Archived