Clocks and controls in the headboard?

Baseball Lover

I was telling someone she needed to bring a clock for their cabin and I was told there are clocks in the headboards. What does everyone remember on this? Clocks? No Clocks? And while we're at it, what other 'controls' are in the headboard? I remember light switches, but that's all. My friends said there is a volume control for annoucements. I can't believe I missed this one... :p

If all you need an alarm clock for is to wake up in the morning, then you don't really need it. There is a free wake-up call service. On the Oosterdam last spring, it was automated. You dialed a certain number and then punched in the time you wished to awakened.

The only problem with this service is that there's no snooze button. :)

Paul Noble

If all you need an alarm clock for is to wake up in the morning, then you don't really need it. There is a free wake-up call service. On the Oosterdam last spring, it was automated. You dialed a certain number and then punched in the time you wished to awakened.

The only problem with this service is that there's no snooze button. :)

Paul Noble

The best wake-up call is the steward knocking on the door to deliver your breakfast - just don't forget to put the order tag on the door before retiring for the evening!

:)

I would have thought at least 90% of people have mobile phones today and these can be used as a clock and as an alarm clock. So all I take additionally is a small torch in case I wake in the middle of the night and want to know the time and not get an ear bashing for turning the light on at 3.42am

on the volendam they had controls for the radio in the headboard. I didn't relize this and was often crazed by a low shhhh sound in the room which I coluld not figure out why sometimes I heard it and not other times. On our third trip I realized there was a control in the headboard which i would often hit with an arm or my head accidentally turning it on or off.

Archived