Military Rate special this month!!

CVL105

Thank you!! My sister is sailing with us. I was able to get the military discount for her room. When I called today they were not willing to give us a credit but instead offered us an upgrade. So we booked a guarntee inside for $229pp and we were just upgraded to a balcony. Yippee we have already paid for our sailing and I feel that we got a great rate to begin with. so I was happy with the upgrade. OH I can't wait to call the girls.

Look at all these deals! woo hoo! Wish my cruise was has inexpensive as some of these, but since it's over Christmas, I don't think it's going to get too much lower....$599/person + taxes...Anyone experience lower on a Christmas cruise?

I hope someone can answer this question :). We have booked our December cruise under the military rate. Have anyone ever had a price drop under a military booking? I was thinking Carnival would not drop the rate b/c the miltary rate is such a good deal. Thanks :D

Yes, they do drop the military rates...I posted this thread because of the drop. And they did honor the drop! ***** lists the military rate prices. I can look for you if you want, if you don't know the site well. Which cruise and date?

Ok, so they only list 1 price for each location (ie inside, OV, balcony, suite), therefore I'm going to assume it's the cheapest/lowest level. But you can kinda figure that the upper levels should only be a little bit more.

Inside is listed at $399

Balcony is at $649

These prices do not include taxes, so factor that in a little bit too. Let me know if this helps. And let us know if you will be saving any money. If these are less or you're not sure...call your TA or Carnival and just ask. They will let you know. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Does anyone know if the Friends and Family Special is for all sailings up to 3/31/07? My TA called and was told the Friends and Family Special didn't cover our sailing on the Spirit 3/31/07 !

Anyone have the ability to check it out? We have the discount, but it would be nice to get the other 2 cabins at the military rate!

Thanks to anyone with advice! ;)

Ok, so they only list 1 price for each location (ie inside, OV, balcony, suite), therefore I'm going to assume it's the cheapest/lowest level. But you can kinda figure that the upper levels should only be a little bit more.

Inside is listed at $399

Balcony is at $649

These prices do not include taxes, so factor that in a little bit too. Let me know if this helps. And let us know if you will be saving any money. If these are less or you're not sure...call your TA or Carnival and just ask. They will let you know. I have my fingers crossed for you!

I spoke to that agency yesterday about military rates & they said that the balcony rate listed on their website was for the cheapest balcony rate with an obstructed view plus taxes

Does anyone know if the Friends and Family Special is for all sailings up to 3/31/07? My TA called and was told the Friends and Family Special didn't cover our sailing on the Spirit 3/31/07 !

Anyone have the ability to check it out? We have the discount, but it would be nice to get the other 2 cabins at the military rate!

Thanks to anyone with advice! ;)

That there are only a certain number of military rates available, and I think it may be only for certain sailings. That really stinks. Sorry.

Oh well - we still got a great rate for ourselves! Where do you find out about when the "Friends and Family" specials are? Is it on a website or what? I always wonder how people find out about it since it is not on the Carnival website.

Talk to your TA or PVP, my PVP says he will notify me when it becomes available for the sailing I am on so my family can get the discount also. :)

Well I noticed a price drop on our sailing and my friend was going to call our TA to see what she could do. After reading this board(even after being told numerous times if the Military Rate wasnt available now it wouldnt be later...this was a few months ago) I called carnival and they now have Military Rates for our "Specialty Sailing." For what we paid we might be able to upgrade to a Verandah from an IS or get about 150 OBc pp possibly. My friends calling our TA shortly wish us luck!

I know you have to find price drops on carnival or other websites, but is there anyplace where you can actually see the friends and family promotional info? :confused:

Not that I'm aware of...I think you need to ask your TA or PVP to let you know when there is one. Or just call once a month or so to check. Can't hurt, all it can do is potentially save you money! good luck:)

Carnival told our Ta(well not our ta since shes out of town but the person who took over for her while shes out) that since its inside the penalty area they wont help us. Wonder if calling carnival will do any good?

From what I've been told, Carnival can't do anything to help you since you booked with a TA. That's what people have posted on here. Now, maybe you can call and ask if they would allow it if your TA called, but I don't think they will be able to do anything directly.

Well I had called my Ta and the first person I spoke with said carnival would not do a price drop but would upgrade me. I asked her what kind of upgrade and she said oceanview or balcony then we got disconnected. I unfortunatley didnt have her extension as this is not who I normally work with. So I called my ta back and the guy I got said carnival told him no. As I was on the phone with him another number was trying to get through, it was a 617 number. Does anyone know if thts any number from carnival? I didnt click over cuz I was on hold with the guy. Then I called carnival and got an extremely rude person who kept talking over me then refused to listen to me. Called another person at carnival who said they usually will and to try again. Called the ta again and another girl called and was told no. I am still confused about the first girl...does this mean she might have been given the go ahead to upgrade us? I called the number but unfortunately only received a message with a name and a im not at my desk. I left a message so hopefully she calls me and back and we can go from there. Apparently the rate is only for new bookings or bookings made this month. If I had of known they would eventually have one I wouldnt have booked already. When we tried to book they told us it was no use calling because they would not be offering a military rate. Its our first cruise so I was really hoping to get a good deal on it but apparently my mom was right..."If it wasnt for bad luck we'd have no luck at all!"

Hi sunflowerstarr...

Ok, I'm gonna help as much as I can..

1) 617 is a Boston number...don't know if Carnival #'s show up with different area codes are not

2) I would keep calling until someone lets you do it, since it seemed like one of them was going to. Someone in another post suggested asking to be put on 3-way with Carnival when the TA calls, that way you hear exactly what they say. They probably won't give you a "refund", but you can get an upgrade, or On Board Credit.

3) Depending on which ship you're taking to the Bahamas, I am showing military rates for two of them.

Carnival Victory - $499/person

Carnival Sensation - $139/person

This prices are not including taxes, port fees, etc...but if you are on one of these ships, and all the military rate cabins aren't filled, you should have received the rate. Might be too late now, since it's so close, but again, can't help to ask.

I just checked for our cruise and our suite (military discount) has gone UP $250 per person but I got my friends & family discount for our friends and they saved $120 and had them moved to an adjoining AFT balcony with us.:D Thanks for the heads up!!!

We've booked our cruise, with around 20 people under the "group rates", which already is a "deal".

has anyone ever gotten a military rate discount, while still in the group rates. When ever I asked my TA about this, she said we can't get any other deals within groups. It is getting close to cruise time, but just wondering for next time.

I can understand the widow/widowers don't count as the military person has to be traveling with the rest of th eparty, but our friends did get the friends and family rate as well as their past guest discount! I accidientally posted the savings as $120 but it was really $180:D !

Archived