Military Rate special this month!!

CVL105

I hope this is allowed on the board...if not, I apologize in advance for posting "illegal" information.

Carnival has a special this month on their military rates. If you have the military rate you can book two extra cabins with the same rate! Just called last night cause I saw that the military rate went down and then they informed me that we could apply it to the other 2 cabins in our group! woo hoo Save over $100/person on the other two cabins!

Call Carnival to get your discount!

What are the requirements for getting the Military Discount? I've already booked and paid for my cruise in February, but my buddy wants to go now. He was in National Guard for 6 years and recently finished in July. He has his discharge papers. I'm not interested in getting better rate for myself, but want to get him the best rate for his solo cabin since this will be his first cruise.

As far as i know, as long as he was honorably discharged and was in for 2 years, he is eligible. They really have some GREAT discounts. Some websites will advertise the military discount, whereas on the cruiseline website they won't. But when you or he calls Carnival, let them know he is was in the military if they don't ask.

Glad I was able to help someone out!! :D

What are the requirements for getting the Military Discount? I've already booked and paid for my cruise in February, but my buddy wants to go now. He was in National Guard for 6 years and recently finished in July. He has his discharge papers. I'm not interested in getting better rate for myself, but want to get him the best rate for his solo cabin since this will be his first cruise.

If the Military Rate is available on your sailing, he will only have to fax or give the TA a copy of his DD214 to verify he's due the military rate.

Thanks Carnival! I got my 78 yr old Dad the military rate for our upcoming cruise!...

Thanks for the info. He was honorably discharged. I would like to get this trip for him for a Christmas/Birthday present with a few of us chipping in.

and don't want to tip him off by asking him for his DD214, just wanted to be sure you're aware that even though you've all ready paid for your trip, I believe you can still book him in as one of the other 2 cabins you can get at the military rate through the F&F promotion. I wish *I* had friends like you! LOL :D

He deserves it. We've adopted him as a little brother. One in our group helps him with all his finance/legal stuff so I'm sure it would be no problem faxing a copy to Carnival. Even though he's been discharged, he could still be recalled for Iraq for 2 years after being discharged.

I can't find the cite now, but I know I've heard in the past that the Carnival military rate requires, with some minor exceptions, that the person be currently in the service, retired or discharged after 2 years of active duty. One stint in the reserves may or may not qualify.

Our son is in the Army Reserves and has not been on active duty (going to Iraq in December) but he was able to book our cabins with his under the military friends and family rate. So apparently you don't have to have any "active" duty to qualify.

This is a great website to find great prices on cruises...it also has links to the cruiselines that offer military discounts.

We booked our cruise through them and what a deal we got.

Good luck in booking a reasonably priced cruise.

I can't find the cite now, but I know I've heard in the past that the Carnival military rate requires, with some minor exceptions, that the person be currently in the service, retired or discharged after 2 years of active duty. One stint in the reserves may or may not qualify.

I know he was in Iraq before I met him and got called up to go to New Orleans last year, so I think he would probably be entitled to the discount. He was in the Guard for 6 years. I plan on calling my PVP later this week to ask her. Again, I'm not looking for the discount for myself, but I want to get the best price he's entitled to for his first cruise (even though we'll be paying for it.)

The Carnival policy of requiring at least two years Active Duty may be waived if the DD214 shows Overseas Service. That qualified me for the great Military Discount on my upcoming Miracle cruise.

Since there are a lot of other Vietnam Era Vets, you could have been Honorably Discharged ( required )after as little as 18 months Active Duty IF you had served your year Tour in- country. It was US Army policy that after returning to the USA with six months or less on your commitment you were discharged from Active status.

Thanks Carnival ( and other Cruiselines ) for a benefit that Vietnam Vets and their families can enjoy since there were few others.

Robtx, what I was trying to get across is this.

Anyone currently in service, active or reserve, qualifies for the military rate. This isn't your buddy. He got out.

Anyone retired from the military, or who served 2 years active duty, qualifies. From what you've posted, I can't tell if your buddy fits here.

Some other people who come close to those qualifications may or may not qualify, depending upon the details of their sevice, the person they talk to, the day of the week and the prevailing wind. In other words, if the person in question isn't clearly in one of the first two categories, get a copy of the DD 214, fax it to Carnival or the travel agent you're using and get a confirmation that he qualifies before counting on getting the military rate.

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS INFO!

You just saved me almost $800! :) :D :) :D :)

We had the military/veteran rate for ourselves, but my 2 children and their respect SO's were on a group rate. With this new F&F discount...we saved $190 per person!

THANK YOU! It's info like this that REALLY makes a difference on this site.

:D You just made me smile! I'm so glad I could help, not only myself, but others! That's what is so great about this site!

Now all I ask is with that $800 you saved, you have a drink for my on your cruise! One of those with the cute little umbrellas! lol

Enjoy your cruise!

The Carnival policy of requiring at least two years Active Duty may be waived if the DD214 shows Overseas Service. That qualified me for the great Military Discount on my upcoming Miracle cruise.

Since there are a lot of other Vietnam Era Vets, you could have been Honorably Discharged ( required )after as little as 18 months Active Duty IF you had served your year Tour in- country. It was US Army policy that after returning to the USA with six months or less on your commitment you were discharged from Active status.

Thanks Carnival ( and other Cruiselines ) for a benefit that Vietnam Vets and their families can enjoy since there were few others.

My DH served stateside during the VW in the Army. Carnival PVP said he qualified for the MR as he served during wartime and in this case, the Vietnam War. It was never qualified as being overseas or not. The Veterans Administration defines the dates of wartime and he started and ended his military time during the VW timeframes but short of the 2 years because he was going to start college.

I served 8 years in the National Guard. I've used the Military Discount on 2 of my 4 cruises with no problem. In the National Guard, we get the NGB Form 22 - I fax that in. It shows my honorable discarge.

I'll be calling tomorrow afternoon to try and get the Friends & Family rate for the other 2 cabins we have booked for Spring Break.

Congrats guys! All I can say is I'm jealous! Our trip is classified as a "specialty" sailing and therefore the military rate does not apply for us. Its bad because two out of the four of us are retired military that were honorably discharged after two or more years of service. I will probably call and verify that the rate does not qualify for us still but I am not expecting to hear a different answer.

Gl all and happy sailing!

Archived