st thomas for a week....

ocean waves

My family used to have a timeshare there...we'd go for a week every winter. There's plenty to do, or you can just sit on the beach all day. Plenty of good places to eat (Try Sib's). Just keep in mind, the pace of life is slow and relaxed. Perfect for a honeymoon.

Based on our last cruise, I wouldnt stay a week in St. Thomas. It is okay, but there are plenty more beautiful places to stay. If I were going to stay a week in any particular island (although I never would as cruising offers so much more), it would either be St. Maarten or St. Lucia. Both much more beautiful than St. Thomas.

Yes, stayed in St Thomas for a week at the Wyndham. We had a great time and there is so much to do. When I booked, I had a choice to book all inclusive. I chose not to (glad I did that). There are sooooo many fantastic restaurants that I did not want to be stuck eating at the hotel for all meals. I do not recommend renting a car!!! St Thomas is mountainous and the drivers are crazy!! We called a taxi everytime we went somewhere and it was always there in minutes. Plan for extra taxi money (but probably the same as renting a car, however much safer).

You can take the ferry to St John for a nice day too.

been to st thomas a few times on our cruises and liked it there. has anyone ever stayed for a week? we're planning our honeymoon and can't deceide to cruise or vacation on an island.:confused:

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for a week for Thanksgiving last year and loved it. My brother and sister-in-law want to move there after the week so be aware of the dangers. Saint Thomas is nice - I wouldn't want to move there but you can enjoy a week there. You can take the ferry to St John and go to a beautiful beach over there. We liked it because my wife likes to lay out topless and it is more acceptable there. They don't allow it at Megan's Bay even though we saw one lady doing it.

You can find plenty to do, just rent a vehicle. Have fun and congratulations.

Have stayed on St Thomas for over a week and enjoyed it very much. Jus stay away from the Capital. A day trip to St. John is great. They have lots of trams and cabs that take you around the island. Good eating spots. There are lots of thins to do...would suggest you go to a St, Thomas sight.

Have also stayed on St Maartin, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados and Aruba. Aruba was our favorite. Think any one of them would be great!!!!

Good luck,

Mocorobabe

been to st thomas a few times on our cruises and liked it there. has anyone ever stayed for a week? we're planning our honeymoon and can't deceide to cruise or vacation on an island.:confused:

We stayed there 5 days on our honeymoon 23 years ago. IT was ok but that was before cruising. Now I don't think I'd like to stay anywhere for a week. What month are you getting married?? If it's during hurricane season I would think twice about St. Thomas or a Carribean cruise.

Yes, after cruising to St. Thomas in 2000 my husband and I go there every year in October or November and say a week. You can do an all inclusive or not...it's your choice depending on what you like. There is lots to do in St. Thomas or ferry over to St. John or day trip to the BVI. It's absolutely a great way to spend a week...so enjoy. In fact will be there this December on a cruise and know we will miss "our week" there.

DW and I spent out honeymoon 19 years ago on St. Thomas. We stayed at Bolongo Bay and have returned on three occasions for long weekend anniversary celebrations. Their all-inclusive plan is just as good as the cruise ship, and it even included alcoholic libations. Of course, our last three stops in St Thomas have been as part of cruise itineraries. The flip-flop of the AOS itinerary moving St Thomas to the last island was a slight bummer for us . .we would have been in St. Thomas on our anniversary in three weeks, but now, it'll be the last stop.

If you want to stay on the island, I recommend Bolongo Bay. They have received great coverage from both Travel and Leisure magazine and Arthur Frommers Budget Travel as well.

Of course, a cruise would be fun for a hoenymoon too.

If it were me instead of St. Thomas, I would look at Tortola or Virgin Gorda, both in the BVI. They are close enough to St.Thomas that you can go there as often as you like but far enough away that you can visit a multitude of other islands. A stay in the islands offers so much more than any cruise that it is a no brainier.

I stayed a week in St. Thomas one year and a week in St. John last year. I think St. John in particular would be a great place to stay for a honeymoon. I highly recommend renting a private villa. They have TONS and most have fabulous views and their own swimming pools. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. Cruising isn't the ONLY way to vacation, contrary to what some would have you believe. It just depends on what you're looking for. There is plenty to do there, or you can just veg if you prefer. After the hectic pace leading up to the wedding, it might be more relaxing than cruising.

We are going to St Thomas this November for two weeks. We have done this before along with cruise visits. Depending on what you like to do, the is plenty to keep you occupied. I scuba, so I dive every other day and my wife goes to the beach. We do some very slowwwwwwww walking around town shopping and go to St Johns for a whole day at least. Because we take a service dog we don't visit the BVI but thast is another thing that can be done. We also have plenty of time to visit parts of the island most people never get to. I hope this helps.

Archived