"Signing over" a Reservation-Anyone know anything about this?

ngl116

A good friend of mine is coordinating a group cruise thru a travel agent for a 2007 Carnival Cruise. I usually book my cruised directly thru Carnival. I was talking to my PVP this morning to see what kind of deals she could get me. She gave me the prices and at this time the other agents prices are better. My PVP told me that when I'm ready to book she could take my reservation, take advantage of any Carnival price drops or specials, then before the final pay-off date she could "sign over" the booking to this other agent. She stated that this happens all the time. I have never head about this and neither did the other agent when I spoke with her, so I thought I would bring this here and see if anyone has done this or heard of it!

I have been working with this PVP for a long time now and she has never steered me wrong, and has always worked hard to get my DH and I the best prices available, but this just sounds funny to me.

Thanks.

Yes, you can book a cruise directly at the cruiseline and then transfer it to an agent. It happens all the time, and is taken care of by the agent. All you need to do is give the TA your booking number.

Your problem seems to be your agent; if yours has never heard of this, they must not be a very experienced agent. In your case, I would go back to your agent and ask them WHY they do not know about this and ask how long they have been in the travel business.

Although that is true in most cases, the OP has stated that her friend is putting a group together through another agent. You cannot always transfer an individual booking into the group inventory. Really depends on a lot of factors. Carnival is one of the hardest to do this with. Before I would give recommendations I would suggest to the poster that she talk with the agent putting together the group. PVP's at carnival individual reservations are not that savvy when it comes to group bookings and the procedures that go along with them.

Archived