E-Tickets for Carnival?

HUNNY BUN

They're doing it with the Fun Pass. No documents, just print out the fun pass. That's what happend to friends of mine that booked at the last minute.

Yeah, but the fun pass is not a ticket. It is just the confirmation of citizenship and what documents you will be traveling with(passport). The ticket you receive in the mail.

For travelers that book late the tickets are at the checkin.

vincenzo:)

Was hoping it was like the old Disneyland E tickets (showing my age here)! E -tickets got you on the best rides! I thought maybe Carnival was going to start offering E-ticket cruising! Oh wait...they already do that, don't they! ;)

Sorry I didn't get that! I'm also old enough to remember the E-ticket rides at disney.

Too funny...

Yeah, but the fun pass is not a ticket. It is just the confirmation of citizenship and what documents you will be traveling with(passport). The ticket you receive in the mail.

For travelers that book late the tickets are at the checkin.

That's true, the Fun Pass isn't your ticket, but you can use it to get your ticket when you check in at the pier. That happened to DH and I on our last cruise because somehow they had our old address in CA and that's where our docs ended up being sent! :eek: I panicked until I was assured I could pick up the tickets at the pier. :o

Also, airline e-tickets are not always printable from your home computer; the one's I've had you still have to check in at the airport where you get your boarding pass and you don't even have to have the confirmation email printed out, they just look at your ID and match it up to the flight you tell them you're on.

Press Release Source: Princess Cruises

Princess Becomes First in Cruise Industry to Convert to All-Electronic Tickets

Tuesday September 5, 8:30 am ET

Leader in Online Convenience Introduces New eTickets Program

Passengers to Receive Travel Documents and Flight Confirmations Earlier than Ever

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., Sept. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting this week Princess passengers will receive their travel documents sooner and more conveniently with the company's new eTickets program. The line will be the first in the industry to convert completely to electronic ticketing, and will also provide the earliest cruise documents available to passengers.

Princess eTickets will give passengers 24/7 access to print out their cruise details and boarding passes whenever they wish, and will deliver final booking and travel information through the company's online Cruise Personalizer.

"There's nothing that travelers appreciate more than having their travel details confirmed well in advance and in-hand so they can rest assured their vacation will be their perfect escape," said Jan Swartz, senior vice president of customer service and sales for Princess. "This is yet another online innovation that delivers great customer service and convenience to our passengers," she said, referring to the line's earlier roll-outs of the industry's first online advance shore excursion and spa reservations.

With the new eTickets, not only will passengers receive their travel documentation much quicker than the current mailed ticket package, the new technology provides passengers with their Princess Air details as soon as 75 days in advance -- earlier than any other cruise line. By receiving this travel information sooner, passengers have a greater opportunity to finalize their vacation plans and make changes if needed.

Replacing the company's traditional paper documents, Princess eTickets will begin fleetwide for most sailings departing on and after November 17, 2006 (Golden Princess will begin with the December 16 sailing). Passengers sailing on or after this date will be able to access their boarding passes and travel summaries starting this week. The program currently applies only to bookings from North American passengers.

"We've been testing eTickets on select groups of passengers for several months now," said Swartz. "Feedback has been overwhelmingly enthusiastic and our customers have told us what a great convenience it is. Giving our passengers their cruise and air details much sooner and, at their fingertips, provides them more control over their final travel arrangements, which is what we know is important to them."

With Princess eTickets, travelers are provided with a comprehensive, personalized travel summary including cruise and flight information, itinerary, special request information, important notices, packages and transfers, shore excursion and spa pre-reservations, and a new boarding pass to be printed out and brought to the ship for check-in.

Each passenger's travel summary will be available through the online Cruise Personalizer once the booking is confirmed. Air travel arrangements made through the company's Princess Air program will be included in this summary as soon as 75 days in advance of travel, well ahead of the industry standard of 30-day notification.

When passengers complete their pre-cruise immigration information and their reservation has been fully paid, passengers will be able to access their new online boarding pass. Passengers who complete their information forms in a timely fashion will be able to print their travel documentation much more quickly than the traditional mailed ticket package, which is currently sent at 30 days prior to the sailing. The travel summary can also be easily forwarded to friends and family who might need a copy of the itinerary information.

Suite passengers, as well as Platinum and Elite level members of Princess' Captain's Circle loyalty program, will receive a Preferred Boarding Pass to use at the Preferred Boarding check-in desk at the pier.

Passengers will continue to receive by mail Princess' popular package of pre-cruise documents including a welcome letter, Cruise Answer Book, Adventures Ashore excursion booklet, passage contract, Princess Travel Care details (if applicable) and luggage tags. This packet will be mailed approximately 75 days prior to their sailing date -- earlier than the current 60-day-prior mailings.

Travelers without internet access can receive their travel summary and boarding pass from their travel agent, or Princess will send them a copy of the travel summary in the mail upon request.

"We've been an innovator in pre-cruise planning as we strive to make our passengers' pre-cruise preparation quicker and easier," noted Swartz. "We pioneered online shore excursion reservations, and even today, our Adventures Ashore tours are available for booking as early as 90 days out -- the earliest in the industry. We were also the first line to offer online reservations for spa treatments. We want to make it as easy as possible for a passenger to plan their perfect vacation with us."

Additional information about Princess eTickets is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.

About Princess Cruises:

One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise and tour company operating a fleet of 15 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided in an environment of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess offers its passengers the opportunity to escape to the top destinations around the globe, with sailings to all seven continents, ranging in length from seven to 30 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK).

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

News, background information and photography are available 24/7 at http://www.princess.com/news.

Sorry I didn't get that! I'm also old enough to remember the E-ticket rides at disney.

Too funny...

But if I don't start sleeping I'm going to feel a lot older than I am! I am so "cruise obsessed" right now. I can't hardly sleep. I lay there and think about my cruise this weekend! The no sleep is probably responsible for my mind taking the "E-ticket" question to Disneyland! *LOL* That and the blonde hair!

I have a question for you...what is the FOC that you're a proud member of?

I have a question for you...what is the FOC that you're a proud member of?

Friends of Cruising. There a 12 step program listed somewhere around here...

It's for people that are addicted to cruising and needed a support group to help for when we are on dry land...

Originally Posted by shipshapegal

Hello, my name is Shipshapegal and I am an addict.

Step One: Admit to yourself and another person that you are an addict.

Step Two: Call your PVP or TA and book another cruise.

Step Three: Line up your cruise clothing and see what you need to buy.

Step Four: Hit the mall.

Step Five: Try on clothes and model around the house.

Step Six: Find the duct tape and bungee cord.

Step Seven: Email all your friends that you are going again.

Step Eight: Set your countdown calendar on your CC signature.

Step Nine: Look at excursions and book at least one.

Step Ten: Check daily for price drops.

Step Eleven: Call your PVP or TA and ask about upgrades.

Step Twelve: Practice making foo foo drinks on your patio.

Tell yourself "Just for today I will think about cruising at least once" and just DO IT!!!!

Here are 2 links to other threads covering this topic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=399781

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=398306

I have a cruise coming up in December. While filling out my funpass, I noticed a new option called "E Tickets" this is definately something new b/c when I went on my last cruise this past May, they did not have an option for E Tickets. I wasn't so sure exactly what this was so I bypassed it. What I do "think" it is, is your flight information. Rather then typing in all of that information your E Ticket (from your flight) will automatically write into the fun pass so you don't have to type in all of that information. I can very well be wrong about this as I have not selected this option. My guess is just an educated guess. If anyone does find out what this new E Ticket is though, I'd love to know.

Archived