Hampton Inn North vs Sleep Inn

snowmen

Need help deciding between Hampton Inn North and Sleep Inn in Dania.

Can anyone who has stayed at either or both give some info on what is near as in restaurants, groceries, etc. Also what kind of neighborhoods they are located in. Which would you choose?

The reviews on Trip Advisor are pretty mixed. It seems that people either love this hotel or hate it. You can read the reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d266168-Reviews-Sleep_Inn_Ft_Lauderdale_International_Airport-Dania_Florida.html

The reviews on Trip Advisor still average out to 3.5 bubbles. Seems the poor ratings are really poor, while the positive ratings are really positive. We are booked there for pre & post cruise in December. The way I see it is, it HAS to be better than Amerisuites was last summer. That was aweful!! :eek: IMO

A~

If it were me, I would probably stay at Hampton Inn only because they rarely get bad reviews period and are pretty standard across the nation. another possiblitiy is the Hampton Inn in Plantation. That is where we are staying in November. They offer both free shuttle to the hotel from the airport and from the hotel to the pier. I think we are paying about $116.00 plus tax using AAA discount. Senior discount is about the same. NMnita

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Airport North last winter and have it booked again for December. There is a shopping center with grocery next door if you are into bringing soda or bottled water or snacks onboard and there are a few small restaurants in the shopping center also. The Hampton will let you park your car for the length of your cruise for something like $15 for the entire trip and will drive you to the port. I don't think they pick you up from the port "by appointment" but as they will likely be bringing in the next week's crop of travelers, you can easily tip the driver and catch a ride back to pick up your car. The Hampton has shuttles with giant hot pink flamingos all over it --- quite easy to spot! The hotel is a standard Hampton which IS much nicer than the Amerisuites FL as mentioned above.

I'm looking at all 3 Hamptons...Hamption Airport..Hampton Airport North, and Plantation. I'm looking for a shuttle from the airport and also to the port which all 3 fit the bill. Next criteria is safety and walking access to nearby restaurants. Does anyone have any recommendations between these 3 hotels?

I have booked the Hampton Inn Plantation for our cruise March 17, 2007. I did look at the other Hampton Inns but for some reason after reading the reviews on travelocity, this one sounded quieter and not as caught up in all the pre-cruise crowds. It does offer shuttle from airport and to port.

Any thoughts or input from the locals from Fort Lauderdale area would be appreciated.:) What is within walking distance for dinner?

The reviews on Trip Advisor still average out to 3.5 bubbles. Seems the poor ratings are really poor, while the positive ratings are really positive. We are booked there for pre & post cruise in December. The way I see it is, it HAS to be better than Amerisuites was last summer. That was aweful!! :eek: IMO

A~

Maybe, but two of the worst hotels I've ever had to spend the night in were Choice Brand hotels in FL. Sleep Inn is a Choice Brand hotel. Having mixed reviews on trip advisor, especially when they are so far apart in review of the hotel is not a good sign IMO. It's almost a neon sign that hotel employee's are making up reviews to post in order to off set the negative reviews. IMO, it's a warning sign and I'll typically avoid that hotel.

Now if there are only one or two negative reviews and the issue was subjective (didn't like the colors of the room, carpet not the quality they prefered, no high dollar amenities in the bathroom), then I discount it. However, the bad reviews of Sleep Inn seemed pretty pointed, direct and all heading the same way.

Like I said, I've had two bad experiences with Choice Brand hotels in FL. So maybe I'm a little jaded here but I don't feel like taking another chance with them.

I can give my opinion on the Hampton Inn North, as we just completed a stay there last week. Shuttle to/from airport and to/from port is free. Port and Airport are both within 5-10 minutes tops from the hotel. Check in was a breeze. Staff extraordinarily friendly. Free breakfast with tons of choices. Quiet hotel; didnt hear people in the halls or doors slamming or people in adjacent rooms. Room clean and spacious. Walked to the McDonalds for LATE night dinner, they are open 24 hours. Felt safe in the area. Didnt make it to the shopping center adjacent, but staff told us there is a diner they eat at all the time there. Shuttle driver even took us to a liquor store by his house that was way cheaper than the one by the hotels that had the 'tourist' prices. you can never go wrong with a Hampton, imho. With our aaa price, it was under $100 and well worth it for the free rides from the airport and to the port and breakfast.

JMO of these options the Hampton by the airport would be the easiest/most convenient choice

LaQuinta there is another good idea

Plantation is pretty far out and not that convenient

Broward Mall is nothing special at all, and there are many chain restaurants in the area. If you must stay in rather boring Plantation I would reccomend restaurants at the "Fountains of Plantation" mall which is an outdoor strip center, not really a mall. It has the standard chili's, red lobster etc but has 2 really good locally owned restaurants

Padrinos...upscale cuban, wonderful

and Sterling Worth which has great food too

Near the airport hotels:

the "diner" you refered to is probably the "Moonlight Diner"...these are really good and very cute, there is one there and one that is on Cypress Creek/Andrews Ave area

I think the diner would be a great choice for pre cruise dinner, get some "home" cooking type food before a week of cruise/foodie stuff

they are open 24 hours and are a good choice also for kids.

Other options in your area would be Rustic Inn for crabs and local Florida flavor ...really a treat!

JMO the "Alehouse" nearby these hotels has blah food and the other choices are chains like Fridays, which you probably have in your hometown

I just boooked the Hampton on Stirling Road in Hollywood for my pre-cruise stay.

I know a few folks around here didn't have anything good to say about it, but it's still a Hampton Inn, it was available, and they will shuttle my butt to the pier in the morning! HAHA!

It wasn't until long after I booked this hotel using my Hilton points, that I found this website and saw some negative things about that location.

If anyone can "spread a little love" on my decision, I'd certainly appreciate it, as most of the others are booked up for the day I need it.

Anything around there to do or any good places to eat?

Thanks!

:confused:

Archived