Carnival Spirit Covered Balcony?

cruisevers

We are booked on the Spirit for Sept. and have an aft balcony. Since Alaska is known for a lot of rain, I am wondering if there is any covering overhead on these balconies? We are on the upper most deck below the pool if that makes a difference. Anyone stayed in one of these cabins? Thanks for any input.:o

The balconies on the aft are stepped up. The people above you can look down to your balcony. There is a little overhang but I dont know if its enough to keep you dry.

I found this picture of an aft balcony on the Legend which is also a spirit class ship like the Spirit. This is aft cabin 7347 on the verandah deck.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/128390509/128472624DhMmWj

There is not much of an overhang on this deck. For rainy situations, it might be a problem. Luckily, we are going to the Mexican Riviera, and we will get more sun.

Not at all. I am far from experienced.. I learn lots all the time from this web site.

I have always sailed the aft....but your reply with your pictures helped a lot in knowing if there was an overhang.

Legend/Miracle and the Spirit are all the same class ship-everything about the ships ARE the same except decor.

Thanks for confirming what I thought about the class of ships. It's amazing how much I've learned from this board. Evreyday, I learn something new. :) I didn't know about cruise critic on my first two cruises and I'm just so glad I finally found it.

I got a letter from Carnival today giving me a 15% discount, plus 2 x $100 shipboard credits on a future cruise. :D

Kewl Kathy: how come you got those letters? I never get letters or discounts--(sigh)

I discovered this site right before my first cruise. It took a lot of anxiety off us. (I planned my first cruise as a group) I think becuase of this site that cruise was the most amazing vacation I have ever taken and planned cruises every year since.

I didn't discover this site until after my second cruise. :( My guess on the discount and s/s credot received is that I didn't just concentrate on the problem we encountered. I complimented specific ship personnel by name for the fantastic service that they provided on the cruise. They indicated that the supervisors of the personnel mentioned will be notified of my positive comments for these individuals. Don't get me wrong, the cruise was wonderful. I just feel that like they warn passengers about obstructed views, they should also warn them about the possibility of excess noise and vibration for some of the aft cabins (and possibly only some of the sailings). It's just nice to make an informed decision and not be surprised at the last moment. And I should add that I was also irritated when that in response to my inquiry on the ship about the noise and vibration, the purser sent us a basket of fruit. The fruit was over ripe plus like we didn't have enough fruit (and food!) on this cruise? Did she really think we needed more? Or maybe I just was in a bad mood from the lack of sleep.

Archived