Halloween on Princess

bjkTX

While the thought of me in a tux is scary enough, we'll be on the Star Princess on Halloween and I was wondering if Princess ever does anything different that night (please don't tell me pumpkin pie instead of creme brulee) - costume party, whatever. Do we go trick or treating and knock on all the cabin doors?? Anyone ???

While the thought of me in a tux is scary enough, we'll be on the Star Princess on Halloween and I was wondering if Princess ever does anything different that night (please don't tell me pumpkin pie instead of creme brulee) - costume party, whatever. Do we go trick or treating and knock on all the cabin doors?? Anyone ???

I was on the Coral (Panama Canal) in 2004, we embarked on Halloween and what a great job they did.

The atrium was decorated tastefully, they lined up beautiful carved pumpkins that spelled Happy Halloween.

They also had a costume party that night with all the activities, bobbing for apples and so forth. The staff were dressed and some passengers were dressed as well.

It was alot of fun!!!!

I was actually on the cruise right before Hello Kitty ... our last night was Oct 30 ... but they did have a costume party then .... only a few passengers were prepared with costumes .... but the crew was dressed up and many were @ the party.

I would definitely take a costume if possible (luggage allows):)

I sail every year for Halloween and yes, Princess does celebrate. They put an amazing display jack-o-lanterns in the lobby with more pumpkins than you have probably ever seen. You will also find cobwebs, etc. That night they will have a masquerade dance and I believe there was a costume contest as well. It's fun day. (And if you are a kid then you get to go trick or treating from department to department.)

For those who just gotten off or on the Crown right now:

Is the ship already decorated with a fall/Halloween theme at all or is that something they save for immediately before Halloween Day?My husband and I were onboard the Coral in 2003 2 days after Thanksgiiving and the ship was fully decorated for Christmas.

We will be onboard the Crown 10/9-10/18/2006.Halloween is my personal fave decorative holiday and I think it would the ultra-bomb to see it decorated in this fashion.

Is the ship already decorated with a fall/Halloween theme at all or is that something they save for immediately before Halloween Day?My husband and I were onboard the Coral in 2003 2 days after Thanksgiiving and the ship was fully decorated for Christmas.

Halloween is my personal fave decorative holiday and I think it would the ultra-bomb to see it decorated in this fashion.

Halloween is my personal fave decorative holiday and I think it would the ultra-bomb to see it decorated in this fashion.

i just got off the Crown and no decorations yet, i think its too early.

Last year I was on the Grand, and the crew were costumed and ready for a party, but the festivities were confined to specific areas. It seems some passengers are offended by Halloween celebrations.:( Our waiter asked if he should remove his witch's hat before serving our table. It seems somebody had complained. He was happy when we told him it was OK with us. The crew and staff were up very late for their own private party. Ironicly, we had just sailed from Venice where masks were the big seller. To each his own.:)

I sail every year for Halloween and yes, Princess does celebrate. They put an amazing display jack-o-lanterns in the lobby with more pumpkins than you have probably ever seen. You will also find cobwebs, etc. That night they will have a masquerade dance and I believe there was a costume contest as well. It's fun day. (And if you are a kid then you get to go trick or treating from department to department.)

I want to go Trick or Treat, I Want to, I want to!!!:(

When I was stationed in Madrid. Spain I was one of the few lucky enough to live on the base (60 families). Ever Halloween they would bus kids onto the base, some US but mostly Spanish. They would come to the door and yell Trick or Treat and hold their bags out - the only English words most of them knew :-) We loved it. As soon as they all left, the big kids went door to door Trick or Treating for drinks!

Well, I am very glad to that i am not the only one with such Halloween enthasium.Only bummer is that I will not be onboard for the Day .For those have been onboard close to Halloween:do they do pumpkin-carving demos kind the ice-carvings,chocolate carvings,etc.?

Well, I am very glad to that i am not the only one with such Halloween enthasium.Only bummer is that I will not be onboard for the Day .For those have been onboard close to Halloween:do they do pumpkin-carving demos kind the ice-carvings,chocolate carvings,etc.?

I will be on the Island Princess to Hawaii for Halloween and I will post a review .

Archived