Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Fort Lauderdale Airport Hilton

Dania Beach

November 29, 2009

$85.00 per night plus tax

Excellent hotel, about 8 minutes from the airport. We rented a car and spent the day being tourists. Dropped the car back at the airport the next morning and took a cab to the ship.

Marion

Are you better off waiting to book a room with PriceLine close to your sail date? We don't cruise until Jan. 31, 2010 so what are my chances of winning a bid at this point? We are looking at trying to get Crowne Plaze or Double Tree in San Pedro for $65.

I just got 2 rooms at the Crowne Plaza on 6-6-09 for $65 each room. One night pre-cruise. I had booked the room with parking for a week direct and it was going to be almost $230 per room. I'm glad that I did a lot of research on CC today and found that I could get it cheaper. We'll park at the pier for $84 for the week and still be better off.

For March 8th. I'd been trying for 5 days at $65-$75 for 3-l/2 or 3 stars with no luck - they seemed to want over $90 for a hotel on Priceline, when I know people get Crowne Plaza for $65 (we have at another time). Doubletree came in at $71 (i.e., 88.83 including taxes) this afternoon. It is evidently rated as a 3 star, but I've heard lots of good things about it on this board.

Was hoping for the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for proximity but got the Westin Long Beach instead. Seems like a nice place and we have a rental car too boot so should not be an issue.

Date: April 25th 2009

Number of nights: 1 (post cruise)

Hotel: Westin Long Beach

Rating: 4 star

Area: Long Beach

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $97

Taxes & Service Fees: $ 18.00

The Westin in Long Beach is a great hotel. We were there pre-cruise 3 nights in November. There is a wonderful little diner down the street that serves a fabulous omelet. The street trolley will take you any where you want for free. It is clean and very safe. We stayed in the San Pedro area once and really like Long Beach much better. It is only a 10 minute drive to the port. There is also a convenient drop-off for several of the rental car agencies. Most will then drive you to the port. Have a great cruise.

We just won a winning bid on Priceline for the Crowne Plaza, for June 6, 2009. I even included insurance for the room. The lowest quote I was finding online on various sites was $154, so I am happy. :)

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$65.00 (USD)Number of Rooms:1Number of Nights:1Room Subtotal:$70.00 (USD)Taxes and Fees:$16.93 (USD)Total Room Cost:$86.93 (USD)

Are you better off waiting to book a room with PriceLine close to your sail date? We don't cruise until Jan. 31, 2010 so what are my chances of winning a bid at this point? We are looking at trying to get Crowne Plaze or Double Tree in San Pedro for $65.

I was wondering the same thing. We sail on Jan 16, 2010 on the Sapphire Princess! I'm thinking waiting a while and not have the money tied up.

We got on Hotwire:

Crowne Plaza 83.00 a night plus taxes, for 2 rooms 2 nights. may 8, 9th

for a total of 380.00.. It was a 3* hotel selection. wanted to use priceline but needed the guarantee of 2 beds per room.

Are you sure that is was for a 3* and not a 3.5*? I've been waiting for the Doubletree which is listed as a 3* and the Crowne Plaza has always been listed as a 3.5*. Right now the only category for San Pedro is a 3* for $89. Now I'm afraid to go for it if you got the Crowne Plaza as a 3*. Can you let me know, thanks!

Have been bidding for a few days, rejected.

Made a new bid ($ 56) for 3,5* rejected

added Marina-Lombard ($ 61) street rejected

added 3* ($ 67) accepted!

I am very happy.

Hyatt At Fishermans Wharf 555 North Point Street

San Francisco, CA 94133

Check-In: Thursday, April 30, 2009-03:00 PM

Check-Out: Saturday, May 2, 2009-12:00 PM

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $67.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $134.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $28.81 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $162.81 (USD

Are you sure that is was for a 3* and not a 3.5*? I've been waiting for the Doubletree which is listed as a 3* and the Crowne Plaza has always been listed as a 3.5*. Right now the only category for San Pedro is a 3* for $89. Now I'm afraid to go for it if you got the Crowne Plaza as a 3*. Can you let me know, thanks!

Wolfshadow,

when i booked the room on Hotwire, the only catagory was a 3* for san pedro, and i have watched it go from $79 up to $89, so saturday night when it came down to 83.00 we jumped on it, and got the crowne plaza. i was hoping for double tree too. from reading these boards on hotwire the 3* are those 2 hotels. hope this helps

Wolfshadow,

when i booked the room on Hotwire, the only catagory was a 3* for san pedro, and i have watched it go from $79 up to $89, so saturday night when it came down to 83.00 we jumped on it, and got the crowne plaza. i was hoping for double tree too. from reading these boards on hotwire the 3* are those 2 hotels. hope this helps

Thanks! Usually there has been two categories for San Pedro, 3* and 3.5*, with the Doubletree under the 3* and the Crowne Plaza listed under the 3.5*. They must have brought the Crowne down to under the 3* since they had been reserving the Doubletree more. I already have reservations thru Doubletree just in case, I was just hoping to get the price down thru Hotwire or Priceline. Thanks again for letting me know, I appreciate it!

My Dh and I got the Hyatt 4/26/09 one night precruise for $80. We are very happy. Previously we had the Coast with a TA for $179. I just found out the name had changed to Hotel Maya and was under construction till 6/2009 with no food service available. I decided to read up on Priceline tips and bid the Hyatt. I was rejected for 3.5 star, zone 1 for $70 a night, so I expanded my zones and bid $80. No 3.5 or above in the added zone.