Cayman - Wall Dive + Stingray?

AgVball

Has anyone booked a combo dive with an independent op? I think Princess had offered it in the past - but the weather canceled it twice when we were on there.

We are traveling w/ RCL in December.

I checked with Neptune - and they just talked about the Wall dives in the AM. they didn't mention SRC

I checked w/ DiversDown - and they have a Wall in the AM and SRC in the PM, but the AM boat doesn't get back in time to do the PM.

I checked w/ OffTheWallDivers - Wall in AM, SRC in PM - can't do both

I think the Wall dive would be great - I just wanted to do SRC once.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Has anyone booked a combo dive with an independent op? I think Princess had offered it in the past - but the weather canceled it twice when we were on there.

We are traveling w/ RCL in December.

I checked with Neptune - and they just talked about the Wall dives in the AM. they didn't mention SRC

I checked w/ DiversDown - and they have a Wall in the AM and SRC in the PM, but the AM boat doesn't get back in time to do the PM.

I checked w/ OffTheWallDivers - Wall in AM, SRC in PM - can't do both

I think the Wall dive would be great - I just wanted to do SRC once.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Problem is 'the wall' is mostly on the west side off 7 mile beach with SRC is in the bay on the north side. One boat can't do both in a timely fashion. Therefore you must mesh with stnding schedules....

You could do SRC in the AM and possibly still get a shore dive at Eden Rock or Sunset in the early afternoon.

Check with Aquanuts.

I did two dives on the North Wall with them one time, from their shop in Morgan's Harbor(?).

Problem is, you may need to provide your own transportion to their shop. They usually prefer to take cruise pax to sites on the West end, near 7 mile beach.

The day we were there they had moved all of the boats to the other side of the island ahead of Hurricane Georges, so they picked us up at public beach and took us to the shop to catch the boat to dive the wall.

We dove a site called Main Street - one of my favorite dives ever!

Thanks for the replies.

I'll check out DiveTech.

A couple of the ops said they do not do the North wall (in December) due to the weather/water-conditions - so they typically do the West Wall.

If we can't do both, not a big deal, but would be nice.

A couple of the ops said they do not do the North wall (in December) due to the weather/water-conditions - so they typically do the West Wall.

Those same weather conditions, wind from the North, also sometimes keep the ship's stingray tours from going there too.

I checked w/ DiveTech...and it doesn't look like they can do it (for Cruisers). Nancy offered some shore diving options, but here is a small snippet from her mail about boat dives:

We have 2 options for you to choose from. As our boat trips depart at 8:00am & then again at 1:00pm, you will not be able to make these times in most instances. Sorry, our schedules just do not cater that well to the cruise ship arrival times.

Archived