2 Questions -- Glory or Miracle, and Spring Break

pucarter

Happy Friday to all my Cruise Critic Carnival Friends!

I've had such a good time reading all of the reviews out there (especially Evilgrin72's epic Glory review) that I'd like to ask your opinions on what I should book next. Here are some parameters in which I need to operate:

We would be leaving the weekend of 21-22 April -- I'll have a week of leave to take then (I'm active duty Air Force). We are flexible between Port Canaveral and Tampa. Both itineraries are Western Caribbean -- we've done that a number of times and thoroughly enjoy it. The cruisers are me (37 by then) and DH 45 with some possible friends tagging along. We "enjoy" ourselves on a cruise since neither one of us has to drive anywhere...thus, our bar tab tends to equal what the cruise fare for another traveler would be :D . Our first cruise on Carnival will have been on Elation in November. I've read great things about both the Glory and the Miracle. Price is not an issue to us -- they're both in the same ballpark, and I'm not going to sweat a difference of $80 per person. Neither one of us is what I'd consider a nightowl, but we do try to stay up later when cruising if we're having fun.

Now -- that said -- I have 2 questions for you:

1) Will Spring Break be over by 21-22 April? I don't necessarily want to be around all the spring breakers...nor do I want to be a scowling buzzkill to them (like they'd care what I thought anyway :p )...I'd just rather not be around a bunch of drunken twenty-somethings 24 hours a day for a week.

2) Which of those ships would YOU recommend and why?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rebeccah

Can't answer which ship, though I've been on the Glory and had a wonderful time (hoping to finish my review by close of business today).

College spring break should be long over by then. My birthday's at the end of April, and I was always screwed over 'cause I had to study for finals. High school spring break may fall in that time frame, but I don't know too many high schoolers that are cruising alone on spring break.

College spring break should be long over by then.

Thanks! That's what I thought too...I can remember being on Spring Break during my birthday which is March 20th...but my college was always "different", so I didn't want to judge Spring Break dates by my experience. ;)

I think it depends how you define the term "bad"...it's all relative.

We enjoy the party atmosphere of bars both on the ship and in ports, but we don't want to subject ourselves to a "Girls/Guys Gone Wild" experience for an entire week. Not to say that is what Spring Break is like on a cruise ship -- I don't know -- I haven't honestly gone -- but I don't want to take the chance if I don't have to.

Geez -- I sound so curmudgeonly...:( ...sorry! Lol...:rolleyes:

Our spring break for high school is April 14. We are sailing on the Glory that week and I expect it to be pretty crowded with younger kids. I think that is probably pretty much the last week for spring break so you should be all set! We too considered the Miracle for that week but went with the Glory because the group we are sailing with liked the itinerary better (Eastern Carribean).

Well our Spring Break starts the week of April 22nd and yes DH and I along with our two kids will be onboard the Miracle...

We were actually concerned as our Spring Break is so late this year there wouldn't be enough kids on this sailing :p...

Cheers!

CCFan

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. For the record, I'm not anti-Spring Break -- in fact we went on a Mexican Riviera cruise during the start of Spring Break (March 13 - 20...I think the only school on board was Arizona State) and had an absolute blast. We even had a "young'un" (he was 20 and with his parents and older sister) adopt us as his "cruise parents" because he thought we were so much fun. Again, I just don't want to be smack in the middle of the action.

(You can probably chalk all of this denial of mine up to the fact that I just had a baby and am not back to pre-pregnancy shape yet, and therefore don't feel like being around all the young hardbodies :D ) LOL

I'm going to continue to do research...still trying to decide on the ship...

I did a Glory spring break cruise a couple of years ago ... it wasn't too wild, though there was a noticable college crowd. Let's face it ... not a whole lot of students are going to spend or plan enough to go on a 7 day cruise. I just got off of the Miracle ...

My take ... I think I enjoyed the Miracle better, just because it seemed to flow better and not feel as crowded. In fact, it felt like a big family ... lots of people to say hello to, and a few that you just want to avoid. ;)

Happy Friday to all my Cruise Critic Carnival Friends!

I've had such a good time reading all of the reviews out there (especially Evilgrin72's epic Glory review) that I'd like to ask your opinions on what I should book next. Here are some parameters in which I need to operate:

We would be leaving the weekend of 21-22 April -- I'll have a week of leave to take then (I'm active duty Air Force). We are flexible between Port Canaveral and Tampa. Both itineraries are Western Caribbean -- we've done that a number of times and thoroughly enjoy it. The cruisers are me (37 by then) and DH 45 with some possible friends tagging along. We "enjoy" ourselves on a cruise since neither one of us has to drive anywhere...thus, our bar tab tends to equal what the cruise fare for another traveler would be :D . Our first cruise on Carnival will have been on Elation in November. I've read great things about both the Glory and the Miracle. Price is not an issue to us -- they're both in the same ballpark, and I'm not going to sweat a difference of $80 per person. Neither one of us is what I'd consider a nightowl, but we do try to stay up later when cruising if we're having fun.

Now -- that said -- I have 2 questions for you:

1) Will Spring Break be over by 21-22 April? I don't necessarily want to be around all the spring breakers...nor do I want to be a scowling buzzkill to them (like they'd care what I thought anyway :p )...I'd just rather not be around a bunch of drunken twenty-somethings 24 hours a day for a week.

2) Which of those ships would YOU recommend and why?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rebeccah

All I can tell you is it is MAYBE the Glory or the Legend ( if that makes a difference to you ) now as Carnival switched the Legend & the Miracle. I know because I was notified of the switch, I was on the Legend out of New York next May & now I will be on the Miracle. Then again maybe the switch will be after your timeframe.

Our March break (Ontario, Canada) is March 12-16. We're booked on the Miracle for that week with our ds (17).

Does anyone know when the Miracle is going to be switching with the Legend?

Kim

The post I saw earlier said it will begin April 19 - so it looks like you won't be affected.

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Looks like the Carnival site has a few changes happening on it right now. Tried to check out the ships' details - both Legend and Miracle - and both said there were no sailings available for March 2007 at the moment so that must mean they are doing some updating.

Kim

Since the Legend and Miracle are identical sister ships...either should be fine.

The only thing you may want to consider is that the Miracle (or Legend) basically gives you all the amenities as the Glory with a lot less people and a lot less walking.

If Spring Break is in full swing...it will be in swing on both....but the Miracle (again) does carry less people.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived