Help--I have become my mother--facial fuzz

Nebr.cruiser

I'm 61 and in the last couple of years have developed the dread 'facial fuzz'. Which on me is very soft, short, light hair, mostly along the jaw and cheek. Mom has had this for years; I quite arrogantly thought I was going to escape it.

What do others do about this unpleasant aging problem? I don't think shaving it would work, and don't really want to go there. It's already so light that dying it lighter won't work. I'm a big baby about waxing and can hardly stand getting my eyebrows done. I bought some facial dipilatory but am afraid to use it!

I would try laser treatments but I've heard they don't work on light, fine hair very well. Any ideas, anyone?

Since the hair is soft and light colored, maybe the Finishing Touch hair trimmer would work well. I like the little eyebrow trimming attachment it comes with. I believe you can find these in just about any health/beauty aid department, they are not expensive so might be worth a try.

Just bought another one of the trimmers the other day at the drugstore. I been using them for a few years and think they are great. I use it for the blond peach fuzz that bugs me then I trim up DH between haircuts on the back of his neck. I am a perfectionist when it comes to eyebrows and groom about 15 friends brows and I also use it very very carefully above the brow to bring them out. I do not use them to trim the brow for this I use a small pair of scissors that I can control in a very straight line. The trimmer will take off hair so please be careful around your eyebrows.

Vicki

I was also going to suggest the finishing touch shaver. It is perfect for fine facial hair and suprisingly the soft facial hair doesnt seem to grow back thicker like leg hair does.

Leg hair doesn't grow back thicker, it is just that when you cut off the hair, it has a flat edge, so you feel a rough stubble. People who don't shave their legs have hair that tapers to a point, feeling softer. If you don't shave all the way up your thighs, feel the hair there, it will be softer and not feel thick at all.

There are some medical or cosmeceutical products that are now claiming to grow hair back thicker, but shaving is not one of them :) .

To the OP: If I were you, I'd take some Ibuprofen and go for the waxing. It does sting a bit, but then it's over and you're good for quite a while. I would think the waxing would last at least a month, perhaps even as long as two. A lot less work than shaving and probably a lot less irritating than depilatory hair removers

I bought this hair remover from QVC years ago:

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&CLASSLEVEL=&cm_re=PAGE-_-SEARCH-_-SEARCH&txtDesc=epil&SearchClass=

It's worked great--I use it every morning. It pulls the hairs out, but it's so quick it's painless.

Archived