Sun, Star & Dawn Deck 8 Balcony Dividers

Tom O.

These balconies are the "Framed" - partially enclosed ones on the forward 8th deck. There are a couple on the 9th deck as well.

I know that the partitions on regular balconies have doors that can be opened. But the partitions on these balconies look to be solid steel. Does anyone know if they have doors that can be opened too?

I can only answer one part of your question - None of the balcony dividers can be opened on the Sun.

When you say none can be opened, are you talking about just the "Framed" balconies, or all the balconies on the ship?

Actually I am thinking of trying the Star. I thought the Star, Sun and Dawn were the same, but I have never tried NCL so I don't know much.

When you say none can be opened, are you talking about just the "Framed" balconies, or all the balconies on the ship?

Actually I am thinking of trying the Star. I thought the Star, Sun and Dawn were the same, but I have never tried NCL so I don't know much.

None of the balconies on the Sun - The Star, Dawn, and Jewel on the same plaform the Sun a generation earlier.

These balconies are the "Framed" - partially enclosed ones on the forward 8th deck. There are a couple on the 9th deck as well.

I know that the partitions on regular balconies have doors that can be opened. But the partitions on these balconies look to be solid steel. Does anyone know if they have doors that can be opened too?

Hi Tom,

We're booked on the Dawn 5/12/2007, we had the balconies that are Framed, I called NCL and upgraded to Deck 9 and made sure that the balconies were not the Framed ones. I do not like Framed Balconies, had one on RCCL Hated it!!! I don't really know if the partitions open or not, I hope so we have three balconies together.

We just got off the Star on Sunday after a wonderful trip to Alaska! We had a balcony on deck 8 forward (8532). The divider could be removed between two cabins. We didn't do it, but I saw on this board that someone else had our cabin, and they removed the divider. Do a search on Star 8532 and you should find the info. We loved the enclosed balcony for Alaska - it cut down on some of the wind.

We just got off the Star on Sunday after a wonderful trip to Alaska! We had a balcony on deck 8 forward (8532). The divider could be removed between two cabins. We didn't do it, but I saw on this board that someone else had our cabin, and they removed the divider. Do a search on Star 8532 and you should find the info. We loved the enclosed balcony for Alaska - it cut down on some of the wind.

Thanks that is the information I was looking for. There is no better information than from someone who has been there. I did find a post from that person who had your room before and they had connected four balconies together.

Thank to all of you for helping out.

Archived