Fos 9/10/06

sdear

Just returned from FOS today ! What a great ship ! I will try to write a review in the next few days, but if anyone sailing soon has any questions..I will be glad to try and answer.

It is an amazing ship...we had an absolute ball! Met some wonderful people from the Roll call board here.....and wouldn't trade the time we had for anything !

Sue

We were in 9642 on the hump. GREAT room ! Right next to the elevator, and never heard a peep. Very good location for access to everything.

We used the hot tubs several times ! They are hot...not hot hot..but I would say around 99-100 based on how ours feels at home. They are open 24 hours a day....and are great. The jets aren't super powerful, but the ambience of sitting in there and looking out over the water is spectacular !

Chops was excellent !! Service was fantastic, and the filet was one of the best I have ever had. We didn't do Portofino. We were in and out of there in 2 hours. We had heard that it was lasting 3 hours for a meal in there...but they have got it down now to a shorter time frame. Well worth the 20 dollars per person.

Have a great cruise on her..she is a blast ! We booked Liberty next year!

Hi BillOh and (Sue). We also just returned from the 9-10 sailing on Freedom. We were in a D1 balcony cabin - 9330. It was just at the start of the "hump". The location was perfect, so close to everything. There appeared to be at least one hot tub and one pool open 24 hours a day. We ate dinner Thursday night at Portofino's. It was the best meal we had and definitely worth the extra charge. Formal nights were Monday and Thursday and lobster was Friday. The hot tubs were very hot. Our weather was perfect - 90 and sunny and no rain. For those interested in the booze smuggling issue, we smuggled 2 bottles of vodka and 1 bottle of Kahula in our "checked" luggage. All arrived with no problems. Wanda

We are also just off the 9/10 sailing. Cabins 7334-36-38. We were able to smuggle on 2 12 packs of beer in the checked luggage. Our friends brought cheap vodka and beer, just in case they took it out. We also were able to carry on tequila and rum in Cozumel in our beach bags, but they were stopping people intermittently and removing the bottles - our friends had theirs taken out and boxed for them. The entire cruise was fantastic - great weather, quiet rooms and good food.:)

Anyone recall when the Crown & Anchor welcome back party was?

I had originally booked 9340, great location huh. Long story short the center hump cabins on the Freedom will only hold two despite the original deck plan stating it had a pullout. Sister is in 9640 and parents are in 9342 so looks like they should be happy with the view.

Can't wait until Sunday!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived