Recent Constrellation cruisers: T-pool charge?

amagar

Hi,

Anyone know the charge for daily use? Also, is Celebrity offering an all-cruise package price for T-pool (they did on Century...although neither hubby nor I can remember what it was).

We've booked an 11-night early next year. For various reasons, we've sailed Princess the past two years. Are there any significant changes to Celebrity policy that we should be aware of?

Many thanks

Totally free and totally enjoyable. The Constellation is terrific; you'll love her. I'm on her for the third time this December. No big changes that I can think of off the top of my head but if there are, someone is sure to respond.

And apologies for misspelling Constellation....finger malfunction...and edit function doesn't let you change title mistakes.

Damn... I was hoping you had discovered a name for the new Soltice class ship.... :D

I never noticed the spelling error,

Have you seen this from Cambridge University.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid,

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,

the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

As noted, there are no charges for the Thessotherapy pool and hot tubs on M-class; however, it was a moot point for our Aug. 26 Baltic Cruise on Constellation, because all the hot tubs both inside and out, as well as the thelassotherapy pool were closed i.e. empty for the entire trip. According to notices it was for sanitary reasons, and employees indicated that due to a Legionnaires disease scare, the equipment was being sanitized. (I thought that Legionnaires disease had to do with breathing e.g. air conditioners that need cleaning, rather than skin contact such as water.)

Better safe than sorry, but we were looking forward to the use of the thelassotherapy pool before we sailed because we figured that there would not be lots of days spent in the warmth by the outdoor pools. (We were right.)

I never noticed the spelling error,

Have you seen this from Cambridge University.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid,

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,

the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef,

but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

That is amazing and I read it with no problem! Who would have thunk it?:D

As noted, there are no charges for the Thessotherapy pool and hot tubs on M-class; however, it was a moot point for our Aug. 26 Baltic Cruise on Constellation, because all the hot tubs both inside and out, as well as the thelassotherapy pool were closed i.e. empty for the entire trip. According to notices it was for sanitary reasons, and employees indicated that due to a Legionnaires disease scare, the equipment was being sanitized. (I thought that Legionnaires disease had to do with breathing e.g. air conditioners that need cleaning, rather than skin contact such as water.)

Better safe than sorry, but we were looking forward to the use of the thelassotherapy pool before we sailed because we figured that there would not be lots of days spent in the warmth by the outdoor pools. (We were right.)

Wow, that would indeed be a major disappointment. Was the Solarium (what I am calling the room that includes the T-Pool) still open so that you could at least lounge in there?

Spearmint, I was on the Baltic cruise just before yours (Aug. 12) and they were all closed on our cruise as well. I believe the notice said that someone had contracted Legionella virus (on the cruise prior to mine) which causes a form of pneumonia (different from Legionaire's disease, I believe) and that it can be water-born. There was a very nice doctor on my cruise whom I had met through CC who was explaining it to me. I am sorry all the hot tubs and the T-pool were still closed for your cruise. I was really looking forward to that T-pool to recupe from all the port time (especially St. Petersburg).

Gillianrose, the Solarium and the Aqua Spa cafe were open, just not the t-pool or the hot tubs.

I found this information on the web. Apparently legionella is related to Legionaire's disease and here is why hot tubs, etc. would be especially likely to spread it:

"Legionella

Legionella is a virulent bacterium that can cause a strain of pneumonia. Pneumonia is potentially fatal, especially when it results in respiratory failure.

The Legionella virus breeds in temperate water between 20oC and 60oC and it is spread through the air from a water source. The virus is at its most virulent when it is carried in a fine ‘aerosol’ spray, as this can be breathed directly into the lungs, causing the infection known as Legionnaire’s Disease (Legionella Pneumophilla)."

So that is why we had no hot tubs ot T-pool on our cruises. I hope they can disinfect things soon so that the hot tubs and T-pool are available to others (or that they have already managed this).

WE are thinking about booking the Constellation and was wondering if they have a covered pool? Is that what the t-pool is? Can someone please tell me how many pools they have on the ship and if any of them are covered..We are thinking about the Canada cruise and it would be nice to have a covered pool for those cool days..Thank you

Spearmint, I was on the Baltic cruise just before yours (Aug. 12) and they were all closed on our cruise as well. I believe the notice said that someone had contracted Legionella virus (on the cruise prior to mine) which causes a form of pneumonia (different from Legionaire's disease, I believe) and that it can be water-born. There was a very nice doctor on my cruise whom I had met through CC who was explaining it to me. I am sorry all the hot tubs and the T-pool were still closed for your cruise. I was really looking forward to that T-pool to recupe from all the port time (especially St. Petersburg).

Gillianrose, the Solarium and the Aqua Spa cafe were open, just not the t-pool or the hot tubs.

You could be totally correct; in fact this sounds more plausible to me.

Depends on who told what to whom! :)

Every thing around the T-pool was open and available. In fact, there were more people spending time there more often than I have ever seen before, because it was warmer than trying to lounge outside where it was often damp and cold!:D

WE are thinking about booking the Constellation and was wondering if they have a covered pool? Is that what the t-pool is? Can someone please tell me how many pools they have on the ship and if any of them are covered..We are thinking about the Canada cruise and it would be nice to have a covered pool for those cool days..Thank you

On deck ten, there are two pools out in the open. One is about four feet deep, and the other about six feet. There are also a couple of hot tubs. Further forward, on the same deck, is an enclosed space, which contains real wood "steamer" lounge chairs, a "health"-style food bar, two hot tubs and the Thelassotherapy pool. The T-pool is about three to four feet deep, and has at one end, a slightly more vigorous entrance for water than normal, so that you could possibly swim "in place" against the current. On each side are a series of pipes inset into the pool, parallel to the sides. They are arranged so that they form a wide lounge chair in which four people can comfortably recline with toes pointing into the centre of the pool and a rolled towel tucked under the neck and against the side of the pool; underneath those two areas are air/water outlets which turn the "lounges" into large jacuzzis. So-o-o-o-o relaxing! :cool:

Archived