Two Cabins For Less Than Price Of One????

Buffy2323

Okay, I'm SO SORRY if this has been asked before but my search function is acting up and I can't do searches without turning up a blank page every time. :mad:

We recently booked our 3rd Carnival cruise in a year and got a great past guest deal of an "upgrade" from 8A to Lido deck balcony assigned cabin for the same price of the guarantee cabin. We booked through a PVP at Carnival (first time to use Carnival and not an independant agency) and he just called today. He informed us that we can get an Inside room AND a balcony room, both on the Lido deck for $120 LESS than we originally were paying for the balcony cabin on the Lido Deck. Is this NORMAL?? I mean, I've never seen this happen before, not that I'm complaining.

Now, my main questions are 1) We have 2 children 9, and 5 that are booked in the inside room and my husband and I are in the balcony room. He told us that we can sleep however we want BUT he had to book the kids in the Inside stateroom or we couldn't get this special deal. That's a little strange to me! I asked about the under 25 rule and he said as long as they are adjoining rooms or across the hall (ours is directly across the hall from each other) that children can have their own room. Is there anything I should be concerned about?? I mean, we can do one adult and one child in a room if we have to. 2) Any idea how to tell if we got 2 staterooms that only sleep 2 people? I forgot to ask him and he's gone for the day. The deckplans don't show any kind of symbol like the 2 uppers, one upper, etc. It's just blank on both staterooms and color coded for the cabin level.

Has anyone ever had this experience before and is there anything I should be concerned about. I mean, I'm not complaining but I've always believed that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is! Thanks to anyone who has any experience with this!! :rolleyes:

5 and 9 seem a little young to be 'alone' in thier own cabin. i mean, they could open the door and wander on their own if they wanted to.

Yes and that was my thoughts but he said it was just for booking purposes and that we can arrange our sleeping any way that we choose. We'd definitely have one adult and one child in both rooms or if either cabin sleeps 4 then we would all sleep in one and use the other as "storage" and have the ewxtra bathroom for formal nights.

This happened to us on one cruise. It was $100.00 cheaper to book 2 cabins with 2 people each...than to book 1 cabin for 4 people. I assumed they were having trouble getting their cabin MARS on this cruise....so rejoice that you have the extra space.

Now (as far as the kids sleeping by themselves) personally at that age, nope. It does not matter what the "paperwork" says...a person can sleep in either cabin they want to. On our trip, I slept in the cabin with one child and hubby slept in the cabin with the other child. I did not have to listen to his CPAP machine or his snoring...it was a REAL vacation!!!

The tips etc will be the same whether you have one cabin or two.

If by some chance the interior room is only 1 up, 1 down (and you don't want either child sleeping in the upper.) have them bring in a cot. no problem!!

And since the kids won't need their keyes, you and hubby will have a key to their cabin!!

Have a great cruise.

If the deckplans don't show more than 2 beds then you don't have more than two beds per cabin. You can certainly sleep wherever you choose, but you're not going to be comfortable with the 4 of you sleeping in one of your two cabins. I mean, you could put one (or both?) kids on the sofa, but if you have 4 perfectly good beds, why not use them?

If I was in this situation I would take the deal to get the better price - BUT - I would sleep all in the same cabin. Just put one on the sofa and one on the floor. Bring a blowup mattress for the floor. Use the other cabin to store the mattress during the day and the luggage and such. Best of both worlds - a balcony and sleeping easy knowing the kids are tucked in safe and sound.

Thanks for all the info! I definitely think we're doing well with the 2 cabins. Even if we can't all sleep in the same room it's no big deal. My husband likes to sleep in and my son and I are the early risers so we may just take one cabin and the other 2 take the other. It's a perfect scenario as far as space is concerned with 2 bathrooms. I talked to someone else who said we had a prime cabin before (one of the few cabins that has a queen size bed on the Lido deck) and someone probably wanted it so we got a deal to move so they could have it. No biggie to me, I just hadn't heard of this before! It's even better now because we are at the very front of the ship where it will be quiet. I don't mind being fore or aft as the swaying doesn't bother me or my family any :) The savings in price is even better!!

We have taken our kids on several cruises. The first few when they were younger we split up in different cabins. 2 kids and 1 parent in 1 and the other parent in the other, we loved having a little private space where the kids felt was off limits to them.(the woopie cabin) We also loved having the second bathroom,

It must be a new Carnival rule but in the past we always had to book 1 adult 1 kid per room. We would switch sleeping arrangements once onboard but could never book kids by them self.

On our upcoming Hal cruise we had to book 1 each in a cabin and my kids are 22 and 19.

If you get two cabins, bring along a baby monitor if you have one. Only you would know if you would want to leave your kids alone overnight.(I am sure there are pleanty of opinions out there). You could put the kids to sleep in one room, while you watch 'tv' in the other room, and not have to worry about them.

If you get two cabins, bring along a baby monitor if you have one. Only you would know if you would want to leave your kids alone overnight.(I am sure there are pleanty of opinions out there). You could put the kids to sleep in one room, while you watch 'tv' in the other room, and not have to worry about them.

This is a great idea for when we want to watch a movie in one room and something else in another room. I also like the blow up mattress, great ideas everyone!!

Archived