Will we have enough time?

theduffys

On our Hawaii cruise we will be arriving in Lahaina, Maui at 7am. This is a tender port and we are not booked into a suite so do not have the advantage of someone who can get us tickets on the first tender. We would dearly love to take the all dayTrilogy excursion to Lanai but it leaves from Lahaina at 7:45am. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or not?

Hi Marianne!

You should join our roll call! ;)

Question...can guests in suites only get the amount they need per cabin? Or if they were going ashore with some friends from another cabin..could they get additional tender passes?

I will try and find out...you might have a friend who is staying in a suite and can help you out.

Desiree

Thanks Nita. I sort of thought that might be the case. The ship does offer an excursion over to Lanai that starts at 8am but, it is only a half day so not as much snorkeling and touring is available. Also, I'm betting that their 8am excursion people will have priority for the tender.

We have only lived here for the past ten years--DH's retirement job is teaching at Jesuit University here. We do love it and like to tell people that "we weren't born here but we got here as fast as we could!!

People on shiptours and also those in Concierge Class have priority on tenders.

So..do what we did - find people that are in Concierge Class that have booked shiptours or are in no hurry to go ashore.

Ask them for those priority tickets and there you are...

It worked for us in March!

(Thanks again Ray if you read this).

Howdy from Vienna:)

About two weeks ago, I played the Palmer and the Jones courses and Oglebay for a total of $38! (discount rate through WV golf association). My only regret is that we didn't have enough time to go to Coleman's.

Don't know your CC status, but Elite also gets priority tender tix. The concierge may also be able to help. Perhaps if you talk to the excursion operator, they will cut you some slack and wait a bit knowing that you are rushing to get off the ship. Where does it muster? Very likely right where the tender gets off. It might also be possible to get a local ferry to Lanai and join up with them there, and the operator could give you info on that too. Maybe someone would simply run you over for a modest fee.

We rarely take ship excursions but we have good friends in Maui who told us not to go anywhere on our own where we have to go by road as there is only one road, traffic jams are frequent, and it could be easy to miss the boat.

Have fun. Go Mountaineers.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Ine--I think I would be too nervous to pre-book a trip and then hope that we can get someone to help us get off in time.

Bob & Phyl--Go Mountaineers is right!!! Sorry you couln't get your Coleman's "fix". I think that we are going to book the ships excursion for this one. In every other place we will rent a car (I can verify that driving in Maui can be an extreamly tense time). Then, in the evening we will book the Feast at Lele for our one Luau.

Archived