Driving to Ft. Lauderdale

MMW37

We are taking an 8-day cruise out of FLL on December 18. We live in Tampa so we are driving down, and considering adding a day at each end to make the vacation seem longer. I'm looking for advice on where to stay and to park my car. The cruiseline will charge us $96 to park at the pier, so we have at least that much money to play with to find a hotel the night before. There's a Ramada 2 miles from the port that's currently listed at $109/night. As far as the night after, we're much more open. We can of course just go back home, but we've never spend time in FLL or Miami so if anyone has any ideas for must sees or dos in just a day/day and a half, please let me know! Anything to procrastinate the real world for another day or two...thanks a lot!

There's a Ramada 2 miles from the port that's currently listed at $109/night.

Avoid any Ramada in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area, bad news. If you search these threads you'll find many a bad review. Check out the LaQuinta in Hollywood. They offer free parking while your on your cruise.

Bequia, all the hotels I have checked with, say they cannot pick us up at the port after our cruise. Have you heard about this before?? If they can drop us off, why can't they take us back to our car?? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Bequia, all the hotels I have checked with, say they cannot pick us up at the port after our cruise. Have you heard about this before?? If they can drop us off, why can't they take us back to our car?? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!!!

...because, logistically it is a nightmare for those schuttle vans to find people after they have gotten off the ships...there is just not enough space at some of the terminals.....it is far easier to just grab a cab

...because, logistically it is a nightmare for those schuttle vans to find people after they have gotten off the ships...there is just not enough space at some of the terminals.....it is far easier to just grab a cab

chrysalis is right, besides there's the cost factor for the hotel as well. It just wouldn't pay for them to provide transportation to the hotel if you weren't staying there again.

Archived