Bringing an iron on board

HIPrincess

We are going on the Magic at the end of October and have a question that I hope someone can relate to. I love the man dearly(DH), but he needs to iron everything. Can you bring as iron on board? I was at a RCCL board and they are banned from their ships because they are considered a fire hazard. Do they have irons and boards that they will bring to your room and is there a fee for it? He would never consider sending out to them to press things.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have beesn on 5 DC and have ALWAYS brought my iron and I iron in my room. The Iron is always out to see and have never had any compaints. They ask no irons because They are worried someone will leave it on while in the room and burn down the ship. You can iron in the Laundry room (only place to iron) however someone always seems to be using it. So I say bring it and just be carefull. Like you I need to iron everyhing. I iron the kids close and my hubbys clothes everyday. If I needed to go and iron in the laundry room I would have to do it all at once and after all I am not there to iron all day long....only for 15 minutes a day thank you...:)

Irons are not allowed on the Disney ships. The only time that the on-board irons are busy is in the evenings. A little ironing in the morning or mid-day and your clothes will stay wrinkle-free in the closet until the evening. Beat the rush, iron early.

I don't think they have irons to deliver to the staterooms, but as others have mentioned, iron early in the day. I never had a wait for an iron and I did ironing at least four different times on a 7-night. FWIW, I had ironed everything before packing so that it would only be "touch up" ironing that I needed to do, and I chose to not take a big stack of ironing at a time because I knew others might be waiting.

There are three laundry rooms on the ships - 2nd, 6th and 7th decks.

I have beesn on 5 DC and have ALWAYS brought my iron and I iron in my room. The Iron is always out to see and have never had any compaints. They ask no irons because They are worried someone will leave it on while in the room and burn down the ship. You can iron in the Laundry room (only place to iron) however someone always seems to be using it. So I say bring it and just be carefull. Like you I need to iron everyhing. I iron the kids close and my hubbys clothes everyday. If I needed to go and iron in the laundry room I would have to do it all at once and after all I am not there to iron all day long....only for 15 minutes a day thank you...:)

I'm appalled that you would just disregard the no iron rule and jepordize people so as not to be inconvenienced.

So you're careful. It only takes one time!:mad:

Bill

Sorry that your so "Appalled" :eek: S.S Oceanlover...but if you think that there are 2000 people ironing with 3 irons on the whole ship you are mistaken. But if it makes you feel better to know,my iron has an automatic shut off and is always unplugged...so relax,I promise not to jepordize anyone. Also I think that in this world there are worse things for you to get so mad :mad: at as you would put it, than my iron. I am sorry that I have upset you.

Sorry that your so "Appalled" :eek: S.S Oceanlover...but if you think that there are 2000 people ironing with 3 irons on the whole ship you are mistaken. But if it makes you feel better to know,my iron has an automatic shut off and is always unplugged...so relax,I promise not to jepordize anyone. Also I think that in this world there are worse things for you to get so mad :mad: at as you would put it, than my iron. I am sorry that I have upset you.

Maybe appalled was a strong word but I have to agree with his sentiment. Irons have a safety/fire risk attached to them and the thought of a fire on board is alarming (no pun intended). Just ask those on the Princess ship a few months ago. That was from one person smoking a cigarette on his balcony and look how many people were inconvenienced by that one little cigarette.

I have never had to wait for a iron on a Disney ship but then again I don't mind a moinor inconvenience and plan ahead so I am not tyring to iron right before I need something.

Host MickIrons are not allowed on the Disney ships. The only time that the on-board irons are busy is in the evenings. A little ironing in the morning or mid-day and your clothes will stay wrinkle-free in the closet until the evening. Beat the rush, iron early.

At least they have laundry and ironing facilities available. The other cruise lines I have been on do not.

It is for safety not to inconvenience the passengers!!

Frosty 52...very well said...and put in a nice way. I will leave my iron home....:) and my DH can just take turns Ironing in the laundry room with me. I will be sure to bring a coctail with me to help pass the time. Not that I drink that often but why not.

Now that is a great idea - A COCKTAIL while ironing - heck I may start that at home too!!

Thanks you for understanding my point. And think of the weight that won't be in your luggage :-)

The iron rule is a safety thing of course but it's also a cosmetic and maintenance issue. If someone brings their own iron and scorches the counter top, carpet or upholstery, that stateroom is scarred until it can be taken down for repairs. CCL must decide to either take the stateroom out for a cruise or leave it damaged until drydock. You can't change the carpet or cabinetry in the few hours between cruises. They can swap out the small table quickly but who wants to?

Just returned from the Magic 7-day. We called to get an iron delivered and they don't offer that service. There are irons and boards in the laundry facilities.

Also, we were in a stateroom where someone (probably also someone who is very careful....) left a lovely scortch mark on the desk. We figured that was why they didn't offer irons in the rooms!!:cool:

We solved the problem by not ironing! We decided to not care if people notice our clothes were wrinkled!! We were way to busy having fun....cocktail in hand!!!

Archived