GALAXY No sailings April... Refurbishment????

judyush

Ive just checked the booking page on X website. I cannot find any preposed sailings for Galaxy between April 19th and April 30th.

Do you think this could be time spent in dock having the major refit everyone has been talking about.:D

Just a little bit interested cos as many of you know from the last can of worms I opened,;) I'm off on my transatlantic trip the May 1st.

Could I be THAT lucky? Or did someone from X read my "DISHEARTENED" thread and take pity on me.

If thats the case Celebrity then WOW i'm really impressed. I've read on these boards if there's anything you want just see the Maitre'D the night before and he'll sort it for the next day. But i was thinking along the lines of creme brulee or perhaps a nice apricot souffle!:D :D :D

Anyone heard any whispers?

Galaxy is chartered for those weeks in question. No rehab until spring of 2008 - if even then.

Yup . . . sure enough, she is chartered. If you do a google search for the Cricket World Cup & Galaxy, you will be able to pull up her itinerary for those weeks in April.

Too bad! I, too, thought we had perhaps lucked out with a refurbishment before our cruise next summer . . . Oh well! :o

Although I had a fabulous cruise on the Galaxy last month, my opinion is that this ship cannot wait till 2008 for refurbishment. She really needs a refurbishment much earlier and I'm still hoping in the winter of 2007. Why? I'm on the Galaxy again in the summer and really don't want to see the same conditions at the pooldeck and the old (painted) furniture

pecoraro

my last post should have said how do you know? not how do you do. sorry Judy

So now I am disappointed that you actually don't want to know how I am doing.

To answer your question though, those two weeks had been set up by Celebrity last year for a dry dock but then the lucrative charter offer changed all of that. You might be able to find some of this information back in the archives of cruise critic. There was quite an uproar at the time and several threads about it. It became a very heated discussion about Celebrity and their penchance for money versus maintenance once again and eventually the threads were closed and then removed.

Although I had a fabulous cruise on the Galaxy last month, my opinion is that this ship cannot wait till 2008 for refurbishment. She really needs a refurbishment much earlier and I'm still hoping in the winter of 2007. Why? I'm on the Galaxy again in the summer and really don't want to see the same conditions at the pooldeck and the old (painted) furniture

Well,Sheik, I hope you mean the second part of winter, because we are sailing here the whole month of december 2007 and a part of january 2008... :D

But you're right, it needs a facelift, the pooldeck in first place !

That is so Celebrity/RCCL to do that.

Like they are the only cruise line that would do that.....

There was never a confirmation that the ship was going in for drydock from Celebrity so how do we know for a fact that it was and this charter hasn't been scheduled for years....

Group I belong to has booked their conventions on Celebrity and we usually know it 2 or 3 years in advance....

:) DKJRetired;; you're absolutely right!!! Every single cruise line, ( and hotel chain, for that matter...) will react that way to a lucrative opportunity. The circumstances behind a charter are '' one of''...a time for drydock can be picked among a choice of 52 weeks each year.

The true lythmus test of a good carrier VS a shoddy one is ;; at what time is it determined that your product can no longer be offered in good and safe condition, whether to a group, a convention, a charter or your mass public??? and do you recognize that and simply withdraw the product for upgrading and maintenance. ???

I don't think any of the '' MAJOR'' hotel chains and cruise lines are failling that test....NB: I said '' MAJOR'' ...

Celebrity perhaps shows a tendency to push the enveloppe embarassingly close to the edge, though....as in '' Solstice & Equinox can't show up soon enough""....

Cheers

Claude

:rolleyes:

Archived