Century aft cabins

VPGPH

I heard that the aft cabins on the Century, suffer from severe engine vibrations while entering and exiting the port. Does anyone have any info about this? I have booked an aft cabin for the July 9th sailing next year and I would like to change cabins if this is true... Thanks in advance.

We've been on Century twice and are going again in Nov. We didn't have an aft cabin, but had dining both times at the aft window on the main floor of the dining room. As many have reported, there is more vibration when entering and leaving ports (due to thrusters). Other than that it in NO way affected our enjoyment of the cruise! There were a couple of times when the water in our glasses did a dance, but it didn't last for long. We love the "feel" of cruising! If you think the vibrations might bother you, you still have time to make a cabin change!

they do have vibrations when leaving and coming into port. They last for five or ten minutes. They are the best cabins I have had on a cruise ship including being in a suite on the Horizon.

These vibrations exist in the dining room for about 10 to 15 minutes between 6:15 to 6:45 EVERY day not just when leaving port. We have cruised on Century four times and the pattern has been consistent. One day last year the Maitre'd (Mario) was at our table when it occured. I asked him to call the captain to enquire, he flipped his cell open, said a couple of words, and it stopped. Pure coincidence but a funny moment.:D

Just off Century ourselves... in an aft cabin. The ship does have a great deal of aft vibration when arriving in port particularly.Our mini bar sounded like the glassware in there was knocking together to breaking point.

........apparently (I'm told by other cruisers on cruise critic) it happens on both Mercury and Galaxy as well???????

Just off Century ourselves... in an aft cabin. The ship does have a great deal of aft vibration when arriving in port particularly.Our mini bar sounded like the glassware in there was knocking together to breaking point.

........apparently (I'm told by other cruisers on cruise critic) it happens on both Mercury and Galaxy as well???????

What cabin were you in? We're booked for an aft (I think 1148 or something like that) next year and I'm concerned more about privacy. I think we're right under some bar. Were you?

Yes. We have been on all 3 Century class ships and they all have the strong aft vibrations during port maneuvers.....

What cabin were you in? We're booked for an aft (I think 1148 or something like that) next year and I'm concerned more about privacy. I think we're right under some bar. Were you?

We started out in inside 9000 (forward) a few levels under the disco but at 1am every morning we were still lying reading as the music percolated down through our ceiling keeping us awake. Saw Guest Relations and asked for a move.... got 9226 ( inside) aft. No noise except for the vibration when docking.

Last time I sailed Century (pre refurbishment) was in Royal suite 1028...don't recall any noise problem there at all.

Your cabin 1148 is IMO one of the better placed cabins despite being under the sunset bar..... the bar is small with tables and chairs for outdoor dining and depending on weather / time of year / your itinerary it might be busy or not?????I think the cabins below the sunset bar had pretty private balconies...the "roof" of the balcony prevents people above from seeing down on you if I recall accurately.Hope this helps!

Archived