Checking wine on a plane

sonomaphil

Usually when we travel we just carry wine onboard the plane to out destination. With the new rules we have to check the wine. We got the carrier discussed here and I had a question. We taped it up to seal it closed to check it seperatly. Is the TSA goning to have to open it up or will they just x-ray it? We need balcony wine for our cruise! Thanks!

Personally, I would make a pit stop at a local store before arriving at the ship. Remember, luggage is limited and so is weight now for flying.

But I guess after you get your luggage you will immediately know if it broke or not by looking at the carton. They aren't real gentle with that luggage remember. Hope it's a straight through flight at least.

I checked on some other boards (non cruise boards) and all is fine as far as I can see. Wine shippers are very sturdy and not a concern for breakage. I've used them many times. I just wasn't sure if TSA had to open the package or not. It appears that they do not.

Archived