Triumph or Navigator ??!?

jim+4

DW and I took the kids on the Inspiration,last May and had a blast.

It was our first cruise in almost 20 years.

Now we are looking to go by ourselves in Jan.2007,and have narrowed it down to the week of 1/13, Eastern Caribbean out of Miami on either the Carnival Triumph or the RCCL Navigator of the Seas.

Opinions please....

We've done the Mariner (sister to Navigator) and Victory (sister to Triumph). Money being equal, I would choose the Navigator, especially with kids.

Kids Play area is huge and there is so much more for kids to do on the sports deck (and ice rink).

For grown-ups, the "wow factor" of the Voyager Class ships simply must be experienced to be understood.

Had a great time on both and sure you would too. Waited a long time before we found a deal we could afford on one of the Voyager class ships. Found much better deals on Quad cabins with Carnival, but better inside deals on RCCL. If you're puting kids in their own inside room RCCL will be very close in price.

The Triumph was my first cruise and I had a fabulous time! I've also been on the Mariner (sister to the Navigator)....and if I had to choose between the two, I would pick the Navigator, no doubt. Either cruise would be fun though...to me the food & entertainment are comprable on both lines, however, overall I like the RC ships much better. Have fun!!:D

cruisingator2: Awesome photos! Took a peak so I can see what we can look forward to on the Navigator in February. Called my 11 yo DS in so he can check out the promenade, and I showed him where his PR cabin will be (sharing with his sister). Then, he saw the mini golf course. Needless to say, he is sooooo excited.

I love all these photos. I will make a point to take lots of pics on my future cruisers to help everyone on CC.

cruisingator2: Awesome photos! Took a peak so I can see what we can look forward to on the Navigator in February. Called my 11 yo DS in so he can check out the promenade, and I showed him where his PR cabin will be (sharing with his sister). Then, he saw the mini golf course. Needless to say, he is sooooo excited.

I love all these photos. I will make a point to take lots of pics on my future cruisers to help everyone on CC.

Glad that you enjoyed the photos. You are going on one great ship. Have fun. She's a beauty.

To the OP, here is my reviews of the Navigator.

http://cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=14766

http://cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=8091

Been on both ships twice and the Navigator wins hands down. Both ships are nice but the Voyager class ships are in a class by themselves. As a matter of fact the Navigator is my favorite ship to date. I have photos of each ship in my sig line below.

Thanks for the info and the photos, they are awesome!!!. I will show them to my wife

Was on Sensation in August 2006. Worst cruise ever. Been on Navigator in 2004. Best cruise ever. RCCL is so much nicer. Will never go on a Carnival ship again. Not even if its free. RCCL is in a better class of cruising.

Sailed many times on Carnival and once on the Royal-- both were comparable in terms of service and food, etc. More things to do on Carnival at night time.

I dont know if I would have sailed the Sensation this past summer. it just came back into service after sitting for a few months in New Orleans.

what was wrong with your cruise? You cant honestly compare the Sensation with the Navigator. One is a newer ship then other is a very old ship. how long was the sensation cruise?

our cruise was 4 nights. The ship needs a major update. Talking about a throwback from the 70's. Way too much purple and black. Our room stunk for the entire time. Food was OK. Furniture in cabin was old and the paint was chipping off the chair. Window in cabin looks to have never been cleaned. However the bed was comfortable. Staff did their job but I guess our group was spoiled by the personal service from RCCL. They just seemed to give something extra. For instance in the dining room on RCCL our servers knew our names and what we liked to drink our the dressing we preferred by the secoond night. Sensation staff didnt even ask our names. I guess its the little stuff that can make a difference.

First ever cruise was on the Triumph in Oct. 1999 - loved it so much went again Jan. 2000 with kids. Loved it even more. Great ship.

Sailed on the Voyager of the Seas March 2005 or 2006 - can't remember. Was not that impressed with the Voyager. Main reason we don't sail RCCL is because of the HUGE price differences. I don't think RCCL is worth the price increase. Also, have been on NCL, Princess and Costa.

Just my opinion.

I guess its the little stuff that can make a difference.

you are right there-- it IS the little stuff that makes the difference. But you are putting down a whole cruiseline because of one bad experince. there are others.

We sailed on the Destiny two weeks ago-- and it was my worse cruise to date.. i will still sail carnival-- just not the destiny.

i would chose ccl or rccl... anytime.. reason the people that cruise .. more relaxed on ccl. now dont go and say well ccl is a party ship... it has nothing to do with that. i just love the staff of ccl as well as the people on the ship... i feel like i am me there not there to put on a show... . i feel people on the rccl have to make others feel that they are better because they cruise rccl. would i cruise them again... yes.. as a group . not aolone.

steph

Was on Sensation in August 2006. Worst cruise ever. Been on Navigator in 2004. Best cruise ever. RCCL is so much nicer. Will never go on a Carnival ship again. Not even if its free. RCCL is in a better class of cruising.

Now this I can't believe!!!

Someone is gonna turn down a free cruise?

Let me know if they offer you one. I'll take it off your hands.

Now this I can't believe!!!

Someone is gonna turn down a free cruise?

Let me know if they offer you one. I'll take it off your hands.

if someone offered me a free cruise on the Destiny--I too would refuse.

Thanks for all the input. We should know this week. My DW has some vouchers to use, its just a case of how much I want to pay for upgrades.

I really appreciate the help. I am leaning toward the Triumph, I'm not sure I want to go on such a big ship( Navigator).

Now we are looking to go by ourselves in Jan.2007,and have narrowed it down to the week of 1/13, Eastern Caribbean out of Miami on either the Carnival Triumph or the RCCL Navigator of the Seas.

Opinions please....

I just got off the Triumph, Eastern Caribbean. Recommend the RCL Navigator. Probably better food and you get four ports vs. three.:)

Opinions please....

I was on the Triumph I woulden't do it again. IMO the ship is tired. I had a cat 12 suite, the TV diden't work, the hot tub in my room rust came out, the bath robe had dried blood on them, you had to check the towels before you used them. You had to wait 15 to 20 min for the water to drain after a shower. The cabin smelt like a sewer smell, I tried to keep the balcony door open Down by the shops where the pictures are sold also had that smell on sea days. Some people love the triumph i diden't

Not to be rude, but that's kindda like saying:

Was on Majesty of the Seas in August 2006. Worst cruise ever. Been on Carnival Conquest in 2004. Best cruise ever. Carnival is so much nicer. Will never go on a Royal Caribbean ship again. Not even if its free. Carnival is in a better class of cruising.

Basically what you did was comparing an smaller ship to a larger ship, of course the larger ship is going to be better and offer more stuff. Not saying Royal Caribbean is bad, I actually rotate between the two cruise lines... Yes, the voyager class ships have a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, inline skating track, and a oversize promanade / atrium... but with Carnival you get a much larger stateroom, better value on balcony staterooms, a much more comfortable bed, and carnival tends to have more days at sea than a similar cruise on Royal Caribbean (that could be a plus or minus, for me its a plus). The question I often time ask myself is that is a rockwall, ice skating rink, smaller stateroom, less comfortable bed, extra port of call, ice skating rink, and a oversize promanade worth the extra $500 to $800 a person. Sometimes that answer is yes and sometime that answer is no.... its really comes down to what you want from that particular cruise... BTW, RCCL is cheaper than Carnival most of the time on the Baja Mexico cruise. Got a suite on Monarch of the Seas for $10 less than a standard oceanview cabin on the Paradise.

Not to be rude, but that's kindda like saying:

Was on Majesty of the Seas in August 2006. Worst cruise ever. Been on Carnival Conquest in 2004. Best cruise ever. Carnival is so much nicer. Will never go on a Royal Caribbean ship again. Not even if its free. Carnival is in a better class of cruising.

Basically what you did was comparing an smaller ship to a larger ship, of course the larger ship is going to be better and offer more stuff. Not saying Royal Caribbean is bad, I actually rotate between the two cruise lines... Yes, the voyager class ships have a rock climbing wall, ice skating rink, inline skating track, and a oversize promanade / atrium... but with Carnival you get a much larger stateroom, better value on balcony staterooms, a much more comfortable bed, and carnival tends to have more days at sea than a similar cruise on Royal Caribbean (that could be a plus or minus, for me its a plus). The question I often time ask myself is that is a rockwall, ice skating rink, smaller stateroom, less comfortable bed, extra port of call, ice skating rink, and a oversize promanade worth the extra $500 to $800 a person. Sometimes that answer is yes and sometime that answer is no.... its really comes down to what you want from that particular cruise... BTW, RCCL is cheaper than Carnival most of the time on the Baja Mexico cruise. Got a suite on Monarch of the Seas for $10 less than a standard oceanview cabin on the Paradise.

Keep in mind that RCI is in the process of changing out to the new pillowtop bedding and the Navigator has the new bedding as does about 50% of the fleet. Once completed in spring of 07 Carnival will no longer have that advantage. Again having been on both ships, there is no comparison between the two.

Archived