Any Canadians use Cruise Compete.com?

Pop Tart

Hi,

We are Canadians and I used Cruise Compete.

One of the quotes was so low that it reminded me of the saying "if it looks to good to be true, it probably is"

I phoned the agency and did not get a comfortable feeling speaking with them. I decided to trust my instinct and not book it as I was responsible for making other people's bookings at the same time. I had visions of giving out all of our credit card numbers and something going wrong.

I had requested quotes for 8B category and some came back quoting an 8A.

Just be careful in checking the details of the quote.

I am sure there will be other people out there who have tried them and been happy, does'nt cost anything to give it a try.

I used an agency that books the group cruises here on Cruise Critic. Found the agent to be very good, built up a rapport with her. I ended up disappointed when I had to deal with another department for any concerns or requests after the booking was made. They were not too helpful in assisting us with price drops etc. Our service, once booked, turned impersonal. We booked 5 cabins for a Med cruise and 7 for a Caribbean cruise with this agency.

I was lucky to contact a great pvp at Carnival. She has been excellent, always helpful. Emailed us price drops related to our cruise and accomodated special requests for us. We recently booked a party of 21 with her for a Caribbean cruise and today I booked for the Carnival Freedom for December 07.

I think you have to try different ways of booking until you get the right "fit" for your needs. Personally, I discovered that I am prepared to pay a little more to receive excellent service.

Good luck, please let us know what worked for you :)

I asked for quotes a few times from them, and when I called one of them just a few minutes after their email was informed the price was now $80 higher. :confused:

Some don't take the time to read what catagory you want a price on, and some didn't pick up on the fact that I wanted a price for a single only. In the end I went with an online agency that is listed on this board. Great price and so far no glitches.

I would use them though if I found a good price and felt comfortable with the TA I spoke to.

Bev

Well, I thought I would see what kind of quotes I would get for a cruise I already made a deposit on (with a local TA). All the quotes that came in within a day or two were around the same, and then one came in about 3 days later $2000 more!

Our cruise in April will be our 4th, and I've only delt with a TA personally - never online.

So.....I assume the quotes are in US funds, no airfare, etc.?

Archived