Balcony prices higher/Suite prices lower?

ckrobyn

We are sailing on the Radiance soon and have noticed the prices for suites have dropped, while the price for D1 cabins have gone up. We have our own theory as to why this may be happening - does anyone else have any ideas? it's the first time I have seen this - suites usually hold their prices until they are sold out.....:confused:

Any ideas/speculation??

Looks like you're about 45 days from the cruise which would be the week before Thanksgiving. Generally that is a low demand (and therefore inexpensive for us cruisers) week.

If demand is really off, they may be wanting to sell off the surplus of suites that are available. If the balconies are mostly sold, their price will stay the same or increase to encourage new guests to book the suites for just a little more money.

I was checking some prices on the Caribbean Princess just this morning during the same general time period. There was one sailing where the oceanviews were either the same price or a bit less than an inside. It happens.

Just my 2¢,

Charlie

Archived