Would Carnival consider this a reasonable amount of drinks to bring?

nator555

Does anyone know if you buy a "bucket of beer" at the pool, so they open all the bottles? I can't be bother smuggling beer on the ship, but wouldn't mind keep a few in the cabin to have when we want it. Assuming they don't open them all when they give it to you, that would work out fine.

I've had them not open all the beers... I do it for Corona's, since they can't serve them in bottles at the pool bars, I always get them for my room...

Does anyone know if you buy a "bucket of beer" at the pool, so they open all the bottles? I can't be bother smuggling beer on the ship, but wouldn't mind keep a few in the cabin to have when we want it. Assuming they don't open them all when they give it to you, that would work out fine.

If it requires an opener, they usually do, but I am sure they wouldn't if you asked - we had to open a couple on the ladder for the lifeboats...

The tap water and the drinking water are not the same... I agree, the tap water is blech! But the drinking water on the ship is actually better than many bottled waters... and after watching what they did to it (discovery channel is great), it's probably better for you too, LOL.

I got off the Glory Sept. 9th and have to say ALL the drinking water on the ship tasted awful (iced tea was pretty bad too until you watered it down). It had a chlorine smell and taste to it. I would definately bring bottled water the next time I went on a cruise. Other than the water, everything else was perfect!

Thanks for your help everyone! Even the sarcastic comments were appreciated:rolleyes: I made the trip to the liquor store today and came out with a little more than planned. I had weight in mind so I bought some travel bottles of lime vodka (should taste good in lemonade) and some tequila rose (a shot before dinner is always nice). I also got a bottle of already made up mudslide mix and my parrot bay rum. I am addicted to mango daquaries and will spend a crap load of money on them but by bringing some drinks with me I figured I could start off each day with my insulated cup filled and ready to go. I didn't want to bring too much since I don't plan on making special trips back to my room just for a drink. When I am by the pool I will happily pay $4.95 plus the 15% :D

Smuggling booze on board is a good idea, but not if you plan on running back to the cabin every time. The idea is to guzzle some while in the cabin and achieve the buzz early:D , then maintain it by buying buckets and fun ships throughout the day:p . This way you're happy that you smuggled, and Carnival is happy that your buying some.

I just got back from the liquor store, and to be honest I've spent $100 on booze to bring aboard, so how much have I really saved? In other words, if you think you'e saving $$$, think about what you've already paid out to bring it aboard. Granted, in the long run you still save.

I'm new to posting, but I've read alot on these boards, and I realize that ParrotRob is not very well liked, for good reason.

Archived