Would Carnival consider this a reasonable amount of drinks to bring?

nator555

We are planning on bringing the following for the 2 of us? 12 pk of beer, bottle of rum, 10 bottled waters, 16 cans of coke and 8 cans of ginger al? We planned on bringing the water in our carry on and the rest split up between our checked luggage. Could this work?

Also I can't find a soft sided cooler and was thinking of bringing a new dish pan (from the dollar store since I already have to go there) on board with me to use for a make shift cooler? This is better than a small ice bucket that comes with the room right? I can use the new dish pan when I get back home and thought what the hell! It will fit right in with the luggage too? Crazy idea?

You shouldn't have a problem, we've carried on two twelve packs of soda and a case of water for a 3 person cabin. My uncle opened a two 12pks of coke and filled it with beer and brought it on carry-on! If your bringing liquid in checked luggage I recommend putting it in a ziplock cause they are ruff w/ luggage.

I assumed the first post was in jest but I guess not. Carnival had no problem with just carrying on 12 pks of soda and water. We didn't have it in anything just carried it, actually just placed it on top of our carry-on. As far as all the alcohol, it does seem a bit much. Your suitcases will weigh a ton.

Guest kookylabooka

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ports-of-Call

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ship Gift Shops

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board -

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop Staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

Our nieces were just discussing this the other night. On their last cruise, they each smuggled a bottle of Captain Morgan in their suitcases. They said it was a hassle running back to the cabin every time they wanted a drink. They said they'd never do it again. They enjoy drinking and said they had lost their "buzz" by the time they got back to the Lido Deck.

WOW Sounds like some pretty serious drinkers to me. No wonder they want to bring their own it would cost a fortune to drink that much on the ship.

A 12 pack of beer and a bottle of rum.......for 2 people for seven days...........serious drinkers? Wow we are in trouble LOL.....

I assumed the first post was in jest but I guess not. Carnival had no problem with just carrying on 12 pks of soda and water. We didn't have it in anything just carried it, actually just placed it on top of our carry-on. As far as all the alcohol, it does seem a bit much. Your suitcases will weigh a ton.

All that listed stuff will weigh nearly 40 lbs. But hey, what's 40 lbs when you're saving a few bucks, eh? Besides, nothing says "class" like a dollar store dishpan!

Why don't you just use the fridge in your cabin?

Refrigerators do not keep stuff as cold as we like it.. a soft sided cooler works best for us. Besides when we asked the cabin steward to empty the refrigerator allt he stuff ws now on the floor under the vanity-- I'd rather keep the stuff in the frig out of the way.

what's funny is ive never had a problem with my steward ever storing the stuff from the fridge away from us. our last steward from the miracle put the stuff in the draws under the couch untill the last night, and he made an appt to recount the items with us before he locked it... great guy

We stored all of our water and wine in the fridge thanks to him.....

We had one of these filled with water and gatoraid.(no Ice) Had it taped closed with a luggage tag. Arrived with no problem. Kept in on the balcony and it was filled with ice every day. Empty on the way out.

yhst-80121207346754_1916_118659

If we had drank bottled water on board, it would have cost us $$$$. I'n not partial to the tap water although some swear by it. It's OK for a little at dinner, but I wouldn't want to drink it all the time. It was easier to pack the ice cold bottled water in a backpack for shore excursions.

vincenzo:)

We had one of these filled with water and gatoraid.(no Ice) Had it taped closed with a luggage tag. Arrived with no problem. Kept in on the balcony and it was filled with ice every day. Empty on the way out.

yhst-80121207346754_1916_118659

If we had drank bottled water on board, it would have cost us $$$$. I'n not partial to the tap water although some swear by it. It's OK for a little at dinner, but I wouldn't want to drink it all the time. It was easier to pack the ice cold bottled water in a backpack for shore excursions.

The tap water and the drinking water are not the same... I agree, the tap water is blech! But the drinking water on the ship is actually better than many bottled waters... and after watching what they did to it (discovery channel is great), it's probably better for you too, LOL.

A 12 pack of beer and a bottle of rum.......for 2 people for seven days...........serious drinkers? Wow we are in trouble LOL.....

My thoughts exactly, thats just a warmup. It gets mighty hot up on the pool deck, why else would they sell buckets-o-beer?

Jess

The tap water and the drinking water are not the same... I agree, the tap water is blech! But the drinking water on the ship is actually better than many bottled waters... and after watching what they did to it (discovery channel is great), it's probably better for you too, LOL.

Our main thought was for travelling off the ship, we tend to drink a lot of water. So bringing it was cheaper and easier. I didn't mind being a pack mule. The prices most places charges ashore, I saved a ton of cash.

And I drink a ton of GatorAid, can't get that on board.

And we finished it all. It worked out perfectly. I did drink the water at dinner and it wasn't bad. It tasted like water should, no taste at all.

Does anyone know if you buy a "bucket of beer" at the pool, so they open all the bottles? I can't be bother smuggling beer on the ship, but wouldn't mind keep a few in the cabin to have when we want it. Assuming they don't open them all when they give it to you, that would work out fine.

Archived