Is the Royal Suite work the bucks?

old bag

Hello All,

I've never sailed on Celebrity before, though we've been on RCCL and Disney -- in general, we've found that we feel better with large rooms without balconies where there is good service and decent food -- as such, it seems Celebrity was made for us -- at least the Zenith was. Now that she's sailing out of NJ -- it makes it even better.

As soon as they open booking for Bermuda 2005, we're going to book for 2 adults, 2 children in one cabin.

My question is, there is a big difference, both in cost and size, between the "Zenith Suite" at ~270 sq. ft. and the "Royal Suite" ~500 sq. ft. -- of course the latter is at least an extra $1400.

Is the Royal Suite worth it?

Bonnie

Yes, we loved the Royal Suite on our recent Alaska Infinity cruise, you have lots of drawer space for you and your children, the bathroom and walk in closet is outside the bedroom, that way you have more privacy.

Thank you for your feedback -- as for the Old Bag you're talking about -- there's not nearly enough cash stuffed in it as I'd like, though the strap is falling off -- so we'll continue to weigh the options. (the other old bag is just saggy)

I'm just tickled that we have a 7 day option to Bermuda out of NJ. No cost for flight, no whining husband (who neither likes to fly nor go into NYC), having a "problem" of which suite to select is, well sweet.

Happy and Safe travels,

Bonnie

Sure hope an RS is worth it since we're booked in one for our Galaxy cruise next March. Since we both still work full time we can only cruise once a year as our major vacation and we do it to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. I don't care so much about my birthday but it's really important to me that we do something special for our anniversary. Seems to me that we'll get full advantage out of the RS as it is a 12 day cruise. I hope?!?!?!

Archived