Smoking Cabin

tinydancer21

Well , I have to put me two cents in here. I have been a smoker for many years, and also lost a family member who smoked. I am a respectful smoker, I do not smoke where it says NO SMOKING where in NEW YORK that means everywhere. I enjoy smoking, esp. after dinner, having a drink at a bar with friends and so on. But they have taken that away from me. I can not smoke, when I am out to dinner or such places, WHY? There are many reasons. When I am on my cruise, I will not smoke in the elevator or where it says not to. But as for my balcony, where I AM ALLOWED, I will and you will not take that away from me. So please keep your comments to yourself and let me enjoy that much.

used to smoke...sorry for thos allergic or have respiratory problems...child did...did not smoke in house until he outgrew it...always respectful as possible to others...somoker in elevator was inconsiderate, but it is equally as inconsiderate to paint others with the same brush...accept people on an individual basis...i thought that booking a balcony to smoke on was a GOOD thing...smoker taxes pay for LOTS of things....THANKS, Y'ALLL....

First let me say that I I've been lurking on cruisecritic for sometime and have gotten LOTS of valuable information for planning my cruise. For that I thank you. ;)

This topic has forced me to register and I have some questions... :D

First let me say I am a non-smoker, was raised by chain smokers and now have problems associated with 2nd hand smoke from riding in long car rides with the window's up... :(

Im not one to complain about smoke if I'm in a smoking section or a bar and I don't think smokers are a "differen't breed".

That being said, I also don't understand why some, not all :) , smokers have responded saying they have a right to smoke on there balcony even if it is affecting a non-smoker sitting next to them? Please explain that, cause it seems to me you smoking is no differen't than me banging on the wall all night, playing loud music till 4am or doing something else that may be "legal" but is also inconsiderate.

Volive, if I am a smoker and pay the same amount of money as you do for a balcony and I want to smoke OUTSIDE on my balcony... why shouldn't I be able to? Comparing it to banging on the walls is just simply not the same thing. It is my cabin and it is ALLOWED. While I would try to be respectful and of course never throw cigarette butts from the balcony... why should I not be able to enjoy my cruise? I am paying for mine, not yours. Now, that being said... I might perhaps talk to my neighbor first and see how they felt about smoking and see if something could be worked out so that we could all enjoy our vacations... but bottom line is, smoking is allowed on the ship and most assuredly on the balcony... non smokers know this going into it and getting a balcony... I guarantee you if you call the desk and complain about smokers on the balcony, they will tell you that is allowed... call them and tell them someone is banging on your wall or having a rip roaring party at 4AM, and you will find they will say something... apples and oranges.

Apples and Oranges?

I respectfully disagree, you make a good point about complaining about smoking will get me know where, but about noise will. I didn't mean to say smokers should not smoke on there balconies, but when others are out next to them, why should they have to smell the cigarette? I know, I know, it's legal... but again, there are a lot of things that are "legal", but also inconsiderate. I could sit on my balcony cussing like a sailor while kids sit on the balcony next to me, but I don't. I could sit on my balcony all natural while others look on, but I don't.

Trust me, that last one would be very inconsiderate in my case... :D

Please know that my words are not in haste, I really just want your opinions on this subject. :)

Thanks!

We can agree to disagree on this one... I still believe, in my opinion.. you are comparing apples to oranges. Many people sit on their balcony au naturale, and that is their decision and the reason many book a balcony, as is the reason many smokers book a balcony... I still maintain that if someone pays for their vacation, on a SMOKING ship, they should be able to smoke on their balcony and ENJOY. Nobody is on their balcony 24 hours a day... and a happy medium can be reached... but to tell someone they cannot smoke on their balcony after they paid the same amount? I don't agree with people smoking in non smoking areas, that is disrespectful... but in a room/balcony they paid good money for... ?? They have every right and it is not, IMO inconsiderate.. they are smoking where they are allowed to smoke...

Can I get nachos from room service? Just wondering because in addition to the smokes I'd like to have some nachos with lots of cheese and a bunch of jalapenos. The way I see it, after I'm done with my smoke, I can share the after effects of said nachos with my neighbors.

Archived