ECO Cruising and timing of cruises

ljandiernp

Hi,

I have never been on a cruise. My sister and I want to go in 2007, somewhere in the Carribean. My questions are:

What is the best month, between January and May to go to likely ensure decent weather?

I read one post about Holland American trying to be more green; anyone think this is true or have you found any other cruise line to be making a sincere effort?

As an FYI to others who want to read on the topic of green cruises, I have found (but not yet read all of) the following:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=travel&res=9C0CE6D61E3FF931A15753C1A9669C8B63

http://www.surfrider.org/a-z/cruise.asp

I'm looking forward to your replies! Laurie

• 11 months later...

>What is the best month, between January and May to go to likely ensure >decent weather?

>I read one post about Holland American trying to be more green; anyone >think this is true or have you found any other cruise line to be making a >sincere effort?

The Officers of the RCCL SOS told us they shut down one engine in winter as there is lower electrical load on the system for running air conditioning. I think carbon dioxide pollution is the one area no line is touching - but they need to. Ship's engines are not very picky on fuel and the lines should start thinking about using a blend of biodiesel.

April is usually good in most areas weather wise.

Archived