10 days and no docs!

karenj4546

I'm having a really tough time here.

We leave on our trip on the PG in 10 days and our TA still hasn't sent our docs. They say that it's Regent, but I doubt it. I've read that you aren't supposed to call the cruiseline if you've got a TA, but this is really last minute and I'm getting very worried. (We paid in full in early May!)

I'd LOVE to warn folks off of this TA, but know that I can't on these boards. I did send them an e-mail last week giving them a deadline and a warning that I'd file with their local BBB (did it today), but still no docs, no return phone calls, no anything.

Any ideas?

Karen

Karen:

Definitely call Regent as soon as possible. Regent tends to get documents out 30-45 days prior to sailing and no cruise line would wait that long.

In the meantime, log onto the Regent website and check your booking number under My Cruises to make sure your info is there. If it is, take a breath. If it isn't, get on to Regent as quickly as possible.

Please let us know how things work out.

You really don't need physical documents; what you need is a confirmation that your booking number is valid, the cruise is paid in full and you are in the suite you are supposed to be.

There are many cruise lines now eliminating paper documents. First it was Royal Caribbean, then Celebrity (it is related) and now Princess (and, it is possible that as Princess is a Carnival brand, others will be going that way soon.)

Hi all and thanks for the help.

Funny, but about an hour after I spoke with 2 folks at Regent, my documents "showed up about 10 minutes ago" at the TA's. They say that they've express mailed them and we'll see them tomorrow (I hope!!). They did ask that I not involve Regent in all of this. Too bad....I did.

Yes, we must have the docs. They include hotel vouchers. Also, one must prove a round-trip ticket to enter Tahiti. (We will not get paper tickets, but at least we'll know what day/time to show up at our airport!)

So thanks for the "push" to call Regent. They couldn't have been nicer AND they are quite put off by the TA's who wouldn't take their phone calls, either.

Hey, I'll get the last laugh as I've filed a complaint with both the BBB and the Florida Attorney General's office (the marvels of search engines and folks who know how to use them)!

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Regent can't at least confirm if you are or not booked in this cruise?

Did you check your booking number on Regent's website as Iamboatman suggested?

Actually, thanks for reminding me that I'd omitted this. Yes, I knew we were supposed to go, because one needs to fill out forms at the website long ago. I've been so busy that I simply didn't get to replying to Iamboatman that I knew we were booked....just didn't yet reply to that one. Sorry Iamboatman for not responding to you, sooner!

Absolutely no apology needed!!!

I am glad that you are confirmed for the cruise and that the documents are (hopefully) on their way to you. I would be interested to see if you get everything, so let us know what you got and we can tell you if it is complete. You should have a plastic/faux leather ticket wallet, Radisson/Regent plastic/faux leather luggage tags, bound cruise docs (small booklet), paper luggage tags (for the ship), shore excursion order form and a couple of marketing pieces.

If you have any hotel vouchers or airline confirmations be sure you have the hotel's confirmation numbers and the airlines record locater. To check the airline tickets, just call and get seat assignments. If you can you are OK.

If you need assistance with anything else, just ask. There are lots of people here that enjoy being here for that reason.

Glad your docs are supposed to be on the way to you. You did the right thing to call Regent. I called once when my TA was out of town just to ask questions and they were very helpful. My TA says they are the most responsive and customer service oriented line she works with, so I would question her blaming Regent.

I got my docs yesterday from my TA. It was all inside a soft carrying pouch, ala Crown Royal. To add to KarenJ's list, it included 2 fake leather tags, 8 or more paper tags for cabin number, the marketing docs were for Park n Fly, the cell phone service on board (using your cell phone on the ship), and some Cousteau Society information.

Our Airline booklets (one for me and one for my wife) had receipts for the air travel, and the itenerary, but not the actual tickets.

I haven't taken the time to go through the docs, but they did arrive. I've not looked at all of the RSSC stuff, because I got sidetracked by the itinerary which has us at different pre-cruise and post-cruise hotels than the ones I've paid for, and have a receipt for (vastly different rooms than the OWB's I've booked, as well). Also, my original TA is apparently not working at that agency, anymore.

Archived