Positive experience with X customer service

Tatka

Lately I've read tons of posts about negative experiences... So I had to write about positive one. :)

My DH loves booking process ( actually he enjoys it too much), and then he watches price "like a hawk".. So today he found tha already low price on April 16th cruise on Century dropped even further and called Celebrity. He got the nicest responce and price was adjusted in no time. Gal he talked to was very polite and accomodating.

I had that exact same experience prior to my cruise, and I really valued it.

The customer service that people complain about, though, is what we get in response to complaints or problems...

This reduction of the price is standard for all cruise lines and is not a problem no matter what major cruise line you are on.

As DrewB said where Celebrity customer service falls down is when there is a serious complaint or problem after your cancellation period has expired.

Lately I've read tons of posts about negative experiences... So I had to write about positive one. :)

My DH loves booking process ( actually he enjoys it too much), and then he watches price "like a hawk".. So today he found tha already low price on April 16th cruise on Century dropped even further and called Celebrity. He got the nicest responce and price was adjusted in no time. Gal he talked to was very polite and accomodating.

Hi Tatka :)

We had a similar experience. At the time we made our final payment for a cruise, Celebrity was not offering a senior citizen's discount for it, but they subsequently did a few weeks later. I then called Celebrity to see if we could get that special rate and they made that change to our reservation while I was on the phone, informing me that the difference in price will be credited to us. By the time I got off the phone, I had already received an E-mail from Celebrity confirming that change.

I've never really had problems with X CS, but I have to agree with cruiser2004. Performing the basics of one's duties is not much to get excited about. A CS group should be measured on the level of professionalism maintained and the level of effort shown while dealing with difficult issues and one-off situations.

I have to agree with Cruiser 2004 and Tuna - X SHOULD be crediting price decreases when requested, so its hard to give them praise for that. In my view, given that they know your age from your check-in data, senior discounts should be automatically applied when offered. And, since they know what state you live in and who's in the Captain's Club - apply those discounts automatically as well. Having to call them puts some passengers in a situation where if they are unaware of a discount that they are eligible for and don't call they don't get the discount. Any basic computer system could make those adjustments/credits automatically. So, the question is - why does X make us have to ask for our discounts at all? I saved almost $600 on my upcoming cruise by actively searching for available discounts so I'm happy, but if I hadn't known about the discounts and found out later I had missed out on that savings, I'd be upset. Seems to me that X would do well to be proactive in making sure customers feel that they are getting the best price possible. Under the current system, discounts and coupons are just another "Celebrity Secret They Don't Want You to Know About".

I have to agree with Cruiser 2004 and Tuna - X SHOULD be crediting price decreases when requested, so its hard to give them praise for that. In my view, given that they know your age from your check-in data, senior discounts should be automatically applied when offered. And, since they know what state you live in and who's in the Captain's Club - apply those discounts automatically as well. Having to call them puts some passengers in a situation where if they are unaware of a discount that they are eligible for and don't call they don't get the discount. Any basic computer system could make those adjustments/credits automatically. So, the question is - why does X make us have to ask for our discounts at all? I saved almost $600 on my upcoming cruise by actively searching for available discounts so I'm happy, but if I hadn't known about the discounts and found out later I had missed out on that savings, I'd be upset. Seems to me that X would do well to be proactive in making sure customers feel that they are getting the best price possible. Under the current system, discounts and coupons are just another "Celebrity Secret They Don't Want You to Know About".

I also think it would be nice if subsequent discounts were automatically applied to a cruise reservation, but I can't think of any sector of the travel business where it is done. A hotel will only change your reservation to a lower rate if you bring it to their attention, and most airlines charge a fee for making such a change that is often greater than the price reduction. That is why I am grateful that Celebrity gave us the senior citizen rate after we made our final payment and were already in the penalty period.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info -- I just now seen this thread! Our inside stateroom was eligible for a price reduction on this same sailing you are on. But our oceanview and balcony rooms were all much higher than when we had booked. But it was $$ saved on the inside -- THANKS!

Let me know if you see any additional price reductions!

I had started a thread on the meet page for our cruise in case you missed it.

Archived