Buying digital camera on board....

emilygrace

Thanks for all your tips. And yes, B&H was one of the online stores I was considering. We bought an SLR for my stepdaughter from them and were very happy with the service.

Butterfly Photo has a slightly better price for what I'm considering, but I've read mixed reviews of their service. Someone recommended them to me and is quite happy with them.

Also, when I say I have been researching digitals, not only am I pricing them, but I did go to Circuit City and handle the cameras to see which one "felt" right for me. I have sort of zeroed in on the Canon SD600. I like the large LCD screen and the simplicity of use, yet it has some really good features. My TA has one in this series and we were on a cruise and she took pictures for 3 days, all day long, and when her battery finally wore down it only took a couple of hours to charge it up. She was off and snapping pix again before you knew it!

So I do have a very narrow price range in mind and I'm sort of focused (if you'll pardon the pun) on the Canons. That makes it easier to shop.

I have to add my nod to B&H also. I have purchased many things from them in the past and I usually recieve the item within 2 days of placing the order. Never have had a problem and have never seen product cheaper at any other Trustworthy operation. They also have good people there that you can talk to with questions. Get the US version of any camera you buy, but don't hesitate to get they grey market film for your regular film camera. I have gotten professional quality film from them for under $2-4 a roll, (average Ritz cost of $9-12 per roll) Some of the higher end stuff the price difference can be staggering, I got a Canon 70-200 L USM lens for my camera (3-4 years ago) which Ritz was selling for $1300, from B&H at a cost of $550:D Good Luck

... but don't hesitate to get they grey market film for your regular film camera. I have gotten professional quality film from them for under $2-4 a roll' date=' (average Ritz cost of $9-12 per roll)[/quote']

Can't agree more! I got almost all my Kodak Portra that way, that's the best film ever made for people pics! :) Much cheaper that way.

Theron

Archived