Cruising Alaska on the Oosterdam - Pictoral Review

I am getting the pictures up one segment at a time:rolleyes: so I'll keep adding segments into this thread as I post them;)

Here's part 1:
[url="http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspplay/m.asp?m=68335"]http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspplay/m.asp?m=68335[/url]

Enjoy!:D

Thanks Queen of Adventure, I have always enjoyed your review of the food thru pictures and of course your other pictures. You do such a great job, looking forward to seeing the rest and comparing it to our Oosterdam Alaska in May.

[quote name='sheldrvrT6A']Queen
I noted in your last picture a horse. We cruised the O two weeks ago and we seen four dogs but no horse. Did you have the stable next to the suite?
Lol.
Jerry[/QUOTE]I wish, Jerry!:p Then I'd be able to bring my three horses with me and I'd NEVER get off the ship:D

That's my baby girl, Mayzie Gracie She's a yearling, and she was born to us from my best friend, her mama. I put pictures of her everywhere:o

[font=Arial Black][color=blue]Dear Queen, Oh what a treat!! I will be a first time cruiser in December, And to see your pictures really gives me an idea of what to expect, see the beauty and all the different things. I thank you for all the work of making such a nice pic. reveiw. I am really looking forward to your next part. How exciting. Thank you thank you thank you:D Christine[/color][/font]

[QUOTE] spend 90 minutes in the Gym 5 mornings and there definitely was not that capsule looking thing there. Is it a massage lounger?[/QUOTE]

Looks like a rejuvenation chamber!!!! Just slip into and and allow it to suck off about 30 years!!!!! :) YEAH, right!

Queen of Adventure,

Thank you so much for your wonderful photographs from the Oosterdam. They're helpful in that they give us a visual idea of what the inside of the ship looks like! Keep 'em coming!

GOOD WORK.

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]Alaska[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Loved the pictures. Reminded us of our back-to-back cruises in Alaska last year.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]That capsule looking thing in the gym - I think it is some kind of an aroma-therapy machine. Neither of us has ever seen anyone use the machine.[/color][/font]
:)

[quote name='LAFFNVEGAS']Hi, I spend 90 minutes in the Gym 5 mornings and there definitely was not that capsule looking thing there. Is it a massage lounger?:confused:[/QUOTE]It's called an ALPHA CAPSULE. I believe it incorporates mechanical massagers with heat, aroma, and sound.

All
My wife was the person who was chosen to "model" all of the neat stuff in the Oosterdam's spa area including the capsule. She said it was great as well as the sea wrap! Glad she got to model it as the price for all of that was $$$ more than I could go for! Queen: Good looking horse!
Jerry

Beautiful pictures! Were you onboard for the "Abraham" workshop July 3-10? Just thought that might be it due to your description. We were there & it is interesting how you notice different things--and can see the cruise in a whole new way viewing someone else's pictures! Yours are the best I've seen & the most detail! Thanks for posting them. Shari

Great photos Queen thanks for taking the time and sharing them with us. I am looking forward to seeing the rest. We have been in a few suites on HAL and we are in one again on this up and coming cruise, but my sister has not been in one and so I am forwarding these shots to her.

It looks like you had a really great time....

Debi

[quote name='1drifter']Beautiful pictures! Were you onboard for the "Abraham" workshop July 3-10? Just thought that might be it due to your description. We were there & it is interesting how you notice different things--and can see the cruise in a whole new way viewing someone else's pictures! Yours are the best I've seen & the most detail! Thanks for posting them. Shari[/QUOTE]Yep, Shari, we sure were, and we LOVED it!:D I was in the 'hot seat' Monday morning asking the questions related to fracturing two vertebrae in my back last February (Some of you might recall that cruise report on the Veendam;) )
Ahnalira

[quote name='Queen of Adventure']Yep, Shari, we sure were, and we LOVED it!:D I was in the 'hot seat' Monday morning asking the questions related to fracturing two vertebrae in my back last February (Some of you might recall that cruise report on the Veendam;) )
Ahnalira[/QUOTE]Ahnalira,
Have you seen the website [url="http://whatanicewebsite.com/faces/index.html"]http://whatanicewebsite.com/faces/index.html[/url]
It has some links to other's pictures from that cruise--like I said, none are as detailed or beautiful as yours. If you click on David Gordon's name on the left side, you can e-mail him & he will link your pictures to that page so that others interested in Abraham can experience the cruise even though they were not able to attend. I'm loving your pictures--it brings back all the good feelings from the cruise! Shari

Archived