Booking Inside Cabin on Millenium

flyfish37

I notice that there are a lot of posts discussing oceanview cabins, balconies and suites. For those of us who are too cheap to book a window, according to my TA, Celebrity is not making available inside cabins that could hold 3 people if you only have two people. Therefore, most of the Cat 9 inside cabins cannot be booked even a year ahead of time. That kind of defeats one of the purposes of booking early, doesn't it? We booked 8073 on the Millineum for next September. It is next to a big blank space on the deck map. I hope there is not a bad reason why it is available. The only other Cat 9 cabins were toward the bow of the deck. Maybe those are better but I was concerned about the ship's increased motion up front. Any strategic thoughts on getting a good midship Cat 9 cabin? Thanks for you help.

I like inside cabins especially when doing the Mediterranean. We run around so much that it is truly one of the few itineraries when you are really not in your cabin but to change clothes and sleep. Frees up a lot of extra cash for touring too.

About getting the cabin you want...you can waitlist any cabin you desire. There are usually a ton of cancellations at final payment time so you have a good chance of something you want opening up. You can also check periodically online for available cabins...just do a fake booking and enter cabin numbers you wish and get a quick answer. There are cruisers who check daily for available cabins!

You might also consider one of the forward cabins. The Mediterranean (I've done it 3 times and once was in a small ship) is so calm that there is very little motion. It looks glassy by comparison to the ocean. Also the forward cabins have far less traffic in the hallways- if noise bothers you it is quieter in general. I'm not crazy about cabins close to the "blank areas" on the deck plan. They are usually next to service entrances and again noise is sometimes a problem. But then I am a light sleeper and hear everything.

Best wishes to you- you will love the Millenium Mediterranean- perfect itinerary!

Thanks for the help. Any particularly good inside cabin locations? I chose the Panorama deck because it was sandwiched between two decks with only staterooms, i.e. no public rooms above or below. But I have never sailed Celebrity so I am just guessing at this point.

according to my TA, Celebrity is not making available inside cabins that could hold 3 people if you only have two people.

I don't understand this statement. Why would you book a cabin for three if there are only 2 people? That extra overhead bed for person #3 is a real hazzard.

I generally book inside cabins and I have never had a problem booking even more than a year in advance. The only time I have ever had a noise problem I was located in a room with a connecting door and below the gym.

We recently returned from a Med. cruise on the Millenium. We were very pleased with our inside cabin located midship on the Vista deck. We booked cruise only 5 months in advance and were lucky to get a midship cabin. When returning from shore tours, a short nap in a dark cabin was very welcome. This cruise is so port intensive, that it made more sense to us to spent the funds on 5 private tours, which we throughly enjoyed.

I've booked Inside Cabin 8119 (midship) on the Infinity and on Millennium. I have loved this location and it is very quiet. I ALWAYS try to book next to white space and this has never been a problem noise-wise. The white space is usually just storage space.

Archived