Cigarette question....

B-Anne

being a non-smoker, I didn't know the answer to this. Can you purchase cigarettes on board for personal use during the cruise?? My DD asked me this question and I honestly don't know. Saves having to bring them on board if this is allowed. Anyone know??? ~B~

When I sailed on Caribbean Princess last month, I brought a few packs with me...but ran out before the end of the cruise. When I attempted to purchase cigarettes on board, I was told that they had no 100s, which was what I wanted. This might not matter to your DD. However, she can buy cigarettes for a very good price in any of the duty-free ports.

On a Princess cruise last year I tried to buy a carton in the duty free shop. I was told I could purchase them but had to wait til the end of the cruise and they would be delivered to my cabin. I know you can buy a package at a few places on the ship during the cruise. I didn't do this so I don't know how much they were per pack.

You know, I can't remember about the 100s. I am a very light smoker, mostly just when I gamble. At home, of course I don't gamble and I probably smoke a pack or less per week. I do buy a carton on the ship; much cheaper and yes you can take them to your cabin. I guess Princess is the exception. NMNita

On our last cruise on the Constellation I was told you can purchase cartons of cigarettes but they won't be available until the end of the cruise. If you want single packs I believe you might be able to purchase them at the bars but I don't know the price. I take along enough for the cruise and purchase the ones onboard or at a duty free to take home. You have to watch your limits for customs - depending on where you live and what type of transportation you're using.

On our last cruise on the Constellation I was told you can purchase cartons of cigarettes but they won't be available until the end of the cruise. If you want single packs I believe you might be able to purchase them at the bars but I don't know the price. I take along enough for the cruise and purchase the ones onboard or at a duty free to take home. You have to watch your limits for customs - depending on where you live and what type of transportation you're using.

wow, this must be really new: in Dec we bought them on Celebrity and had no trouble and in April I purchased them on the Sun, again, no problems. I guess I better be prepared for our HAL cruise. things do change quite quickly these days. NMnita

Last time on Celebrity they did sell cartons to go. But if you are doing the eastern Caribbean tell him to take enough to get him to an island. Especially St Martin. $9.00 a carton.

Another note...Johnny Walker Blue there is $85.00 a bottle. Eek and yikes.

You did not mention which brand you were searching for. RCI/X tend to stock more Marlborough than RJR's. And they may not have your choice of strength or length.

You also did not say where you were sailing either and that makes a difference too. St. Maarten has great prices. In Anchorage the Wal Mart had cartons for $55.00. They were about $16.00 on board for the major brands, but they were out of most of them. I spent my cigarette money on the slots.

Archived