Leaving Sea Passes at Resorts, etc

Pop Tart

This will be our 4th cruise this coming April and we've been doing our own excursions for a while now.

We're considering hanging out at a resort in Montego Bay, but found out that they collect your sea pass and give it to you on your way out.

I understand why.....but I'm not necessarily comfortable with it.

Does this happen a lot?

This will be our 4th cruise this coming April and we've been doing our own excursions for a while now.

We're considering hanging out at a resort in Montego Bay, but found out that they collect your sea pass and give it to you on your way out.

I understand why.....but I'm not necessarily comfortable with it.

Does this happen a lot?

Why... do they want to insure you pay your bill as you leave? If so, I can understand why.

What is your concern.. they may lose it or give yours to someone else ?

If you want to go... I say don't worry about it. ;)

This is just conjecture, but perhaps they collect them in order to a) get an idea of how many cruise passengers use their day facilities; they might need that info to report back to the cruiselines for payment?? or b) ensure that only one person per pass is using the facilities??. This assumes there is some sort of marketing agreement between the resorts and cruiseline, much like the 'recommended' shopping stores.

I don't think the resorts have any affiliation with the cruise line. From what I understand, they charge about $50 to use the resort for the day. I understand if they collect them to keep track of who is using their resort, and yes, it's good way to see if their marketing is working, but

I just have the jitters worrying that I won't see my sea pass again:(

I just have the jitters worrying that I won't see my sea pass again:(

Fortunately, you can get one made again....right away. I had my magnetic strip magnetized and it didn't work and they were able to remake one on the spot.

If this happened ashore, you would have a little trouble re boarding, but you could....and then get a new card.

Archived