Cruise Documents Received Today

Darspurs

I received our docs today for our 29th October cruise on the Westerdam.

I must say that the folder they come in is much nicer than I have received with documents since our first cruises.

Also living in the UK I booked this cruise through a US online TA - I read somewhere on these boards that some TA's were charging for sending docs by mail now even to addresses in the same country. I can tell you that this online TA did not charge me any extra to have my docs sent and they were not sent by post but by DHL to the UK, and I can see that they were sent on Tuesday and received at 9am Thursday.

4 weeks on Saturday till we fly to Miami time to get excited and look forward to our 11th cruise :) :)

Hope you have as much fun on your 11th cruise as we did on our first.

Glad you enjoyed it Lloyd - As you are still on the boards after your cruise it proves you are now hooked ;)

I am toying with the idea of the Navigator of the Seas for next summer, we have only done one med cruise before and going from a port 100 miles away with no worries about 9-12 hours of flying each way is a pleasure. When we did the Baltic from Harwich it was great just driving to the port and getting on the ship and home within 2-3 hours of getting off with no jet lag. Also no worries with how much luggage you want to take.

The downsides in going from a UK port is the limitation in choice of ships and also it is generally more expensive than most comparable cruises departing from the US even without the air fares.

Darspurs: We are also on the Westerdam. got our documents last week. It is also our first Holland America cruise. And it is also our 11th curise!

If you are thinking of the Navigator, I would say you will LOVE it! We were on it last year. There is so much to see and do on the Voyager class ships. We just got off the Freedom a couple weeks ago. The Royal Promenade is a real wonder at sea on the RCCL ships.

Looking forward to HA!

Archived