Corkage Fees on The Coral?

tblato

Hey All,

I"m new to these boards and I'm hoping my fellow cruisers can help me out. I will be sailing on the Coral Princess in November with my family, and Was wondering if they allowed passengers to bring wine to dinner with them, if so is there a corkage fee?

WE want to celebrate with some special bootles of wine and wanted to know if this was something that we'd be able to do in the dining rooms, otherwise we'd just drink them in the room

thanks

Tblato

I can't speak for the Coral specifically....my experience is on the Star. But if I remember correctly there is supposed to be a corkage fee for non-Princess wine in the dining room....I believe it was $10. However, the one time I brought my own wine to the table the wine steward "forgot" to add the charge to the bill.

Note: If you purchase wine onboard, for example at a wine tasting, the corkage fee does not apply.

Hey All,

I"m new to these boards and I'm hoping my fellow cruisers can help me out. I will be sailing on the Coral Princess in November with my family, and Was wondering if they allowed passengers to bring wine to dinner with them, if so is there a corkage fee?

WE want to celebrate with some special bootles of wine and wanted to know if this was something that we'd be able to do in the dining rooms, otherwise we'd just drink them in the room

thanks

Tblato

Yes you can bring a bottle to your dinner. The cork charge is $15 per.

Got a great idea from a cruiser here... if you don't want to pay the $15 each time out, poor yourself a tall glass before you leave your room and bring it down to dinner with you. You can get wine glasses from your room steward, or just ask for a couple at a bar. I've heard you can get a fresh clean set every day from your steward upon request.

Yes you can bring a bottle to your dinner. The cork charge is $15 per.

Got a great idea from a cruiser here... if you don't want to pay the $15 each time out, poor yourself a tall glass before you leave your room and bring it down to dinner with you. You can get wine glasses from your room steward, or just ask for a couple at a bar. I've heard you can get a fresh clean set every day from your steward upon request.

No disrespect but bringing a "tall glass" filled to the dining room specifically to avoid the corkage is tacky..

No disrespect but bringing a "tall glass" filled to the dining room specifically to avoid the corkage is tacky..

Just reporting a tip I had read... I'm a newbie here and have no idea what is accepted and what isn't. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the kind tip.

We always take PC dining on Princess. That being said we normally find a wait staff early on that we enjoy and make a standing reservation for their table. We then give the waiter an extra tip while letting them know that we'll take care of them if they can forgive the corkage fee. We then give them another tip at the end of the week as well as keeping the tips in place for the entire crew. We have yet to pay a corkage fee. And, if you take a glass of wine (in a wine glass supplied by your room steward) into the dining room how does anyone ever know where it came from - you could have been enjoying it in one of the bar's. Now if you take a tumbler full of wine in that's another story.

Archived